3 sat Legacy setup now does 50 step check switch??

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Ok....this is weird

I have a Dish500 Legacy Twin (110/119) and a Dish 300 Legacy dual (61.5) hooked together with a SW21...one receiver (301)

I just recently got the new yellow card and replaced it. Over the weekend I was working on the roof and had to unhook the cable from the wing dish (so I could remove the dish to get on the roof.....long story)

After I got done and the dish was back in the right spot, the TV said there was an error with the switch. No biggie, I'll just run check switch

So it starts....1 of 1
and normally it would go to 2 of 38 (Legacy setup)

but it went 2 of 50!!

Is this normal with a 3 satellite setup and the new cards?

Sounds like you have superdish checked (or perhaps it now does superdish by default). 50 step test is for 4 satellites (SW64+SW21).

Yea I thought it only does the 50 step if you check "superdish". If I remember correctly from waaaaaaaaaaaay back when I bought a 1 meter dish and rigged up my d500 + 105.

I've noticed that some legacy receivers will run 50 steps now with legacy LNBF's. I've literally had a switch check run over 30 minutes.

Yeah,

I had a 301 service call, yesterday.

If you do not let the intitial screen go through the five step "Acquiring Satellite" screen first, you get no signal on the satellite signal meter screen and a failed check switch test.

You can do the standard check switch without having to perform the 50 step test. It works just like before. 38 tests and finds 110/119/61.5. (or 148)

weird

I noticed the Superdish option was checked (never checked it) but after turning that off it did run a 38 step check :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts