3 Separate Dishes, Which Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joseph49087

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I have three DirecTV round dishes. My intention was to have three primary focus dishes, rather than on triple LNB dish. 1. Can I do this? 2. Which switch will accomodate 3 LNBs? Thanks for any help.

101 and 119 use a standard D* LNB the dish for 110 needs a Sat"C" LNB kit. The 4 wires from the 3 dishe run into a 4X4 multiswitch and work for the Directv Ku feeds. Why do you want this complex setup? High definition is going to require the 5 LNB dish.

Thanks/ I didn't want HD yet since all of my TVs are standard def, nothing fancy. I will do high def when my TVs wear out. The signal I am getting from my triple LNB is acceptable, but I was hoping to boost my signal strength during bad weather. I appreciate the help.

boba has it right

run both lines from 101 into the 0k side of a 4x4 multiswitch
combine 110 & 119 H into the 18v+22k side and a straight line from 119 V (13v) to the other spot on the 4x4

Thanks. I will print this and show it to my installer friend. He said he remembers putting dishes in at apartment complexes and all of them being primary focus/ single LNBs.

Thanks/ I didn't want HD yet since all of my TVs are standard def, nothing fancy. I will do high def when my TVs wear out. The signal I am getting from my triple LNB is acceptable, but I was hoping to boost my signal strength during bad weather. I appreciate the help.

If you don't want HD, Spanish or Chinese programming and your locals come off the 119, then all you would need would be two dishes pointed at the 101 and the 119. The 101 dish would go to the "SAT A" side (13v/18v) and the 119 dish would go to the "SAT B" side (13v/18v, 22kHz).

As all HD should be moving off the 110 satellite soon, I have a feeling you wouldn't find any need for that third dish for a good while (maybe ever.)

We'll try it. Thanks. Am I getting anything off the 110 satellite now? Doesn't sound like it....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts