3 TV,s hooked up to a 625??

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
This is kind of a two part queston:
Part one,
Both my TV's are hooked up to the 625 using RG6 cable. Can I cut the wire feeding TV-2 in the basment and insert a splitter and run a wire to the kitchen for a third TV? I understand that TV-2 and the kitchen TV will only be able to view the same channel, thats no problem.

Part two
If I can do the above, There is a wire in the kitchen that runs to the basment already. The wire is a RG59 not RG6. Is this ok or does it need to be changed?

OK three parts:
Does it matter on the type of splitter I use? I have some splitters that I used during my cable tv days.
Thanks

Yes to part one and part two doesnt really matter as the signal is low power and part three its always a good idea to have a decent splitter.

I have done the same thing on my 625. I split TV2 one goes to the bedroom and the other goes to the garage.

I did have a little problem with the remote in the garage. I found this trick somewhere......

Use a splitter (backwards) and feed the remote signal and tv2 signal into the cable going to the other tvs. At the tvs use another splitter (the correct way) one into the tv and the other one connect it to the remote antenna.

Ken

It cant be any stronger than that of a vcr or the tv1 output, you start going past the max allowed power rating then your risking damage to the device your feeding a signal to.

I have done the same thing on my 625. I split TV2 one goes to the bedroom and the other goes to the garage.

I did have a little problem with the remote in the garage. I found this trick somewhere......

Use a splitter (backwards) and feed the remote signal and tv2 signal into the cable going to the other tvs. At the tvs use another splitter (the correct way) one into the tv and the other one connect it to the remote antenna.

Ken

:confused::confused: Can you explain this a bit more? Im not understanding.
Maybe a diagram?
When you say trouble with the remote, do you mean the remote control? If so, what would the abouve do.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts