3 TV's with one dual receiver

firedog79

Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Maine
I have just spent the last hour looking on here and still confused about spltting signals and just want some clarification. I currently have a Dish 625 receiver and 2 TV's. I want to add a third TV without adding another receiver, I do not care if 2 of the TV's share programing. If I'm reading correctly I just need to use any regular splitter and put it at any point in my RG6 quad calbe after the TV2 output from the receiver. Is that correct?

Also sometime I intend to upgrade to HD and again would like to have 3 TV's but only 1 receiver. Will I just be able to swap out the 625 to a new HD receiver and hook up the existing cables and run the 3 TV's (1HD and 2SD).

Lastly I have two CAT5 cables already run from the area of where my receiver (TV1) is to where my new (TV3) will be so will it be possible to have HD on both.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have just spent the last hour looking on here and still confused about spltting signals and just want some clarification. I currently have a Dish 625 receiver and 2 TV's. I want to add a third TV without adding another receiver, I do not care if 2 of the TV's share programing. If I'm reading correctly I just need to use any regular splitter and put it at any point in my RG6 quad calbe after the TV2 output from the receiver. Is that correct?

Also sometime I intend to upgrade to HD and again would like to have 3 TV's but only 1 receiver. Will I just be able to swap out the 625 to a new HD receiver and hook up the existing cables and run the 3 TV's (1HD and 2SD).

Lastly I have two CAT5 cables already run from the area of where my receiver (TV1) is to where my new (TV3) will be so will it be possible to have HD on both.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#1. Correct.

#2. Also correct.

#3. Correct, but you'll need to pick up Cat5 to HDMI adapters--monoprice.com has 'em. TV#1 and #3 will both share the TV1 tuner, same channel/same time.

BTW, for NOW, splitting TV2 for TV #3 will be done via coax.

Yer welcome!

Ed

It is possible to do the Two tvs on TV2 via RCA cables as well, probably a better picture than with the RG6.

Yep, just split the TV2 output, and run coax to TV3. If you desire, get another UHF remote and set the UHF channel to the same as the other UHF remote.

It is possible to do the Two tvs on TV2 via RCA cables as well, probably a better picture than with the RG6.
It can be done, but if you split that RCA signal then do a long cable run then chances are that composite signal won't look any better (and maybe worse) than the modulated signal on coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts