30" Dish blew over, call the installer?

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Yesterday in Michigan we had 55mph winds...my DTV dish, which face is directly in the path of the wind doesn't move an inch...

My Voom dish, which hides between 2 peaks of the roof is pointed straight up into the air...it was mostly protected during the wind storm.

It was just installed 2 weeks ago...its a royal pain to get on my roof and I'm not too excited about the idea.

On top of that, Voom promised me they were sending a different install company out because of the incompletence of the last one, if you remember the company that poured a glass of water on the dish to show I didn't have rain fade....well it seems the company that Voom contacted did indeed setup my appointment, and then sub contracted it out to the original company...

I haven't checked the board since they went to the new format, it just seems to was created to segregate the problems and make them not as bad as they were to a majority of the users. Have things gotten any better?

Eric_C said:
It was just installed 2 weeks ago...its a royal pain to get on my roof and I'm not too excited about the idea.

I would not encourage anybody to go onto their roof unless they were 100% comfortable doing it. I have an easy roof and I still don't like going up there. Imagine as you are falling from the roof, the thoughts going through your mind.

Call Voom and explain that the last installer was not competent to do the job and request another. The dish should be mounted well enough to stand the wind, so that is just more support for a new installer-the last guy will keep costing Voom money. They should be happy to request Installs Inc. send out a different guy.

--Dan

I guess it depends on how long you want to wait before you have your Voom service up and operational again. Personally, I'd do it myself so I would know it was done right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts