30" dish for BEV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
I have asked before, with no replys. Would a 30" dish restore lost BEV recepyion in So. Ca.? Don't want to spend the money, if it doesn't work.

Nope. I bought one and an Invacom LNB specifically for this purpose. It restored transponders 5, 9, 23 & 25 temporarily. That is, until BEV adjusted the beam into LA again a few weeks ago and they dropped just below the 40% threshold level for locking. If you were willing to go to 1.2 meters, you might get a usable signal. But I would be very wary, as Bell will probably just mess with us again and you'll have wasted your time and money.

I appreciate all your input, trials and faults in trying to re-establish a good signal from BEV. Being in NoCal I've already given up on it, but because I'm still under contract I still pay. I plan on trading it away for a SC unit after the summer is done. I know there isn't too much being offered compared to Bev, but NFL is still cheaper than Rupert's D*

clayface1000 said:
Nope. I bought one and an Invacom LNB specifically for this purpose. It restored transponders 5, 9, 23 & 25 temporarily. That is, until BEV adjusted the beam into LA again a few weeks ago and they dropped just below the 40% threshold level for locking. If you were willing to go to 1.2 meters, you might get a usable signal. But I would be very wary, as Bell will probably just mess with us again and you'll have wasted your time and money.

I can tell you that I had a 43% constant on 7, 11, 27 and 31 after the last readjustment - and my 2 BEV units COULD NOT lock on 43%....when it hit 45-47 for short periods of time during daylight hours (and not around sunrise) it was there...but errors galore.

So I am hesitant at calling 40-43 lockable when it actually comes to locking in for programming. Below about 45, I guess the error rate is too high for decryption.

And no, I don't think a 30" is going to do squat in the ring of death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)