300 movie out today- who's buying?

But, left with no choice I will buy a combo if I really, really want a movie. I also bought Hot Fuzz as I hear it's a really funny movie, and I like British humor.[/quote]

I think Hot Fuzz is one of the funniest damn movies I've ever seen. Even the extras like the deleted scenes and the part with their U.S. tour are freaking hilarious.

I hope we'll be seeing another movie from Pegg, Wright, and Frost soon.

Definitely check it out.

Oh yeah, and 300 rules. The action, the visuals, everything worked very well. Gotta see it in HD soon.

Could've used more killing though. :haha

I have purchased the BD, I was undecided on which format to go. AT the end I gave BD a shot, also because I have upgraded the FW of my player. I have to say it I was impressed with the PQ of this BD, I usually prefer HD vs BD but this time I was happy with the result.

Not buying. But my 17-year-old is out renting 300 right now. I guess we will see it in full Blu-Ray glory tonight.

dimi1963, congrats and enjoy your new Sammy! We just got our BD-P1200 a week ago and LOVE it! 300 will be our 4th BD rental.

Ive seen so many bitching about grain. Its so funny, high pq is a double edged sword.

I like the look, some people want all movies to be like disc hd, but the movies are filmed the way the dir intended, and if he wanted grain, youll see grain.

Kinda like the people that bitched about Underworld's blue hue's. I remember people going a bit pissy about it and returning the DVD's.

I think the PQ and audio are pretty darn good on the HD-DVD release (and I'm sure are just as good on BD release)

Any of you HDDVD guys have playback issues. The threads growing at AVS about A1's and 360 Addons having playback issues with 300. This was way to big a title for this kind of screw up.

This was my first blu-ray purchase. I have watched it in part or entirety 4 times already. Awesome movie! This is what high def was made for. Sound and picture are awesome.

I waited until last night to buy 300 in HD-DVD. Fry's had it on sale for $28. Went to BB to see if they would price match. BB was sold out of HD-DVD. They had maybe 50 or Blu-ray copies and SD. Same at Target. No HD-DVD but plenty of BR. Finally I went to WalMart. They had 3 copies in HD-DVD and maybe 20 BR.

Curious, at least from my experience HD-DVD is outselling BR.

Here's something for you and all the blubots that lurk in this forum;

The HD disc format war is over! - TECH.BLORGE.com

Calling me a blubot or fanboy will get you nowhere. I dont post fiction or make outrageous claims.

I could as easily call you an HDDVD drone.

As stated, I predict the Nielson numbers will once again show that a title (300) released on both formats will seel more BD's than HDDVD's. Same will happen with Shooter.

Don't Care

I was just offering my impression on a popular title. Had to go to 3 stores to find an HD-DVD version when Blu-ray was plentiful. Elway is probably right when the final figures come in BR will probably outsell. I don't care one way or the other.

I bought the HD-DVD add on to the XBOX 360 last fall to test the HD waters. We've bought a hand full of movies since then. We have an Oppo 1080p upconverting DVD player we watch most movies on now. I will eventually get a BR player to replace the Oppo, but only if it does a good job upconverting and I can get it for around $350. I've got my eye on the Samsung BD-P1200. It seems like a lot of the movies I want to watch are BR exclusives.

Like everyone else I'm mad that consumers have been put in this situation - again.

Well, maybe to late for my opinion :p. But I'm still amazed by the quality of this Hd-DVD. I'm using the 360s add-on, no problems. I didn't watch this movie on the theaters so it was a whole new experience. With this movie I used for the firts time my new Sammy LCD(Lnt-4065FX). I adjusted the tv with Video Esentials before I watched the movie. This will be one to watch many times. Too bad I haven't installed my sound system yet.

I have it in my Amazon shopping cart. Will pull trigger soon.

Movielink, Target join for 300 promotion - 7/31/2007 - Video Business

Target is giving away a free download of the movie through Movielink when you buy the deluxe DVD edition.

Doesn't make much sense to me, studios are trying to protect their rights through CSS on DVD's but now they are allowing you to download it and keep it on your computer anyway with purchase. If people really wanted to rip the movie to their Hard Drive, there are easy ways to do it (which should be legal anyway). If I own something, I should be able to watch when/where/how I want to. Not only when a movie studio allows me to do so.

You don't own the movie any more than if you bought a ticket to watch it in a movie theater. What you have is a LICENSE to the intellectual property to use it in a prescribed manner.

You can't, for instance, charge a dozen of your neighbors $10 each to come and watch it in your media room. You can go to jail for that.

You can't make photocopies of a book so you can keep one copy at home and another at the lake. You can go to jail for that (though unlikely).

Same thing.

If you don't like the terms of the license, then your option is not to buy the license. The physical disk is what you are buying. It is NOT the intellectual property that resides on the disk. Unless the owner of that property sells you that (phat chance) you are not free to use it as you choose.

Video rental establishments like Blockbuster and NetFlix have a different kind of license. They can charge customers to "use" the disk, but Blockbuster or Netflix must remit a portion of the proceeds to the owner of the license. If it rents 20 times at say $4.00, then maybe $20 goes to the licensor.

People who create intellectual property have ownership rights...called a copyright. You don't get any of those rights when you buy a DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts