301 Problem

Bama Mac

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Hazel Green, AL
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I done a search and couldn't find any related topics.

I have 301 hooked to a 13" tv and I am having problems with wavy lines on the screen when I first turn on the TV after it has been off for a while. Eventually the the wavy lines go away after the TV has been on for several minutes. The receiver has the latest software update and it usually remains on most of the time.

Does this sound like a problem with the receiver since I leave the it on most of the time and just turn the TV on and off?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

No, this sounds like an issue with the TV's high-voltage power supply, as indicated by it going away as the TV warms up. This should be logically obvious. :)

BTW, you should always turn "off" your receiver when not in use. "Off" is actually 'stand-by' and lets the receiver take care of itself.

Thanks for the reply Simon. I kind of figured it would be the TV and not the receiver. Just thought I would ask anyways.

I have E* for almost 6 months now and have never had any problems with any receiver so far. I have the 301, 811, and a 322(for 2 TVs). I have only lost signal 1 time during a server t-storm for about 5 minutes, at the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts