301 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

toddk9

Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Hello guys,

Just joined the group.

I just had D* install a system today. Said the heck with Charter. Got SuperDISH with a 301 and 522 boxes. I want to take my 301 box to my weekend place. Go there about one out of three weekends. What dish is needed for the second location? Do I need a SuperDISH or can I have a Dish 500 or even the cheap ones on ebay. Local channels would be nice, but not needed.

Thanks,
TK

Changing Dish types on-the-fly can be a real PITA. Avoid this by activating a third receiver. ;)

You have a SuperDish for a reason - probably your local channels. So, a Dish 500 means you won't get them.

The Dish 500 should give you about everything except locals. If you buy and install it at your weekend place, then you'd only need to shuttle the 301 back and forth.

Or, as Simon suggests, add a third receiver to your account ($5/month more), get another 301 and leave it at your weekend place. As long as one household is the only viewer for the receivers on an account, that's fair. If your weekend place is shared with other households, then shuttling the existing 301 makes more sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)