301 receiver compatible with dpp lnb?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
Anybody know if the 301 receiver can be connected to one of the two cables coming from two dish 500s (one for local)? Latest dpp lnb is used on dish 500.

Sure can. Just run a cable from your "local" dish to the DPP Twin LNBF's "input" port. It's the furthest to the right. It basically has a built in sw-21 switch. All three signals (119,110 and your local sat) will be combined via the DPP Twin.

Simple eh? G'luck :)

I would check to make sure. It's already known that the 721 in not yet compatable with the DPP Twin, at least until the next software upgrade.

Wylwrk said:
Sure can. Just run a cable from your "local" dish to the DPP Twin LNBF's "input" port. It's the furthest to the right. It basically has a built in sw-21 switch. All three signals (119,110 and your local sat) will be combined via the DPP Twin.

Simple eh? G'luck :)

Current setup:
"local" dish has one cable going into the "main" dish, and from there, there are two cables going into the house. one of those two cables is driving a 522 (via a separator). the other cable is unused. Is 301 receiver compatible with this unused cable?

Yes, it is. Don't forget to run your Check Switch.

Wylwrk said:
It does NOT have a built-in SW-21 - that's a Legacy switch. If the switch were stand-alone, it would be designated a DPP32.

Wylwrk said:

Thanks and that site is very helpful.
While browsing other information out there: http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/support/support.html I found the "Backfeeding Techniques", using the diplexer. All they mentioned are those Dual Tuner Receiver with Agile Modulated Output. Anybody know if dp301 receiver can do "backfeed"? Do we need to purchase some extra gadget for this?

Splitting output? Sure can. You can also split AND diplex your 301's output to multiple T.V's. The DPP Twin won't interfere with that at all.

Diplexing that output may be helpfull depending on your home/wiring. You actually could diplex and split your Sat feed all the way to your "cable box".

Place a splitter behind your reciver with the 3/4 out going to the "in" of a 2-way splitter. Port one out of your splitter will go to the UHF port of your diplexer. Port 2 out of your splitter will go to your tv. SAT of your diplexer will, of course go to your SAT "in" on the reciever.

Now we follow your single cable out to a cable box? (unsure of your set up) Place the end of your cable on the single port side of your diplexer. SAT will go to your ground block or your sat feed line coming from your dish. UHF will go to another splitter to multiple TV's.

You can also get yourself a DishPro UHF upgrade kit. That will allow you to take your new remote controll to other rooms in your house and still operate the reciever.

You probably already realize this but, you won't be able to view different channels on the 2 or more tv's coming from that 301R.

When in doubt, run a hard line :)

Good luck sir!

Thanks for the detailed information! I guess I didn't phrase my question very well. Let me try again :)
"Backfeeding Techniques" docs only mention those Dual Tuner Receiver with Agile Modulated Output. I am confused by this "Agile Modulated Output". Does dp301 also have this "agile modulated output"? If not, can it still be used for backfeed?

Yes, it can.

"Agile Modulated Output" is a fancy confus-a-cat term for UHF modulator with stereo.

The TV1 RF outputs (any E* receiver) are VHF, and AFAIK, none of them are stereo.

to expand upon Wylwrk's scenario, if at all possible, use RCA cables to feed the TV next to the receiver. This eliminates the need for the 2-way splitter, AND will give you stereo for the 'local' TV. No stereo for the others.

SimpleSimon said:
to expand upon Wylwrk's scenario, if at all possible, use RCA cables to feed the TV next to the receiver. This eliminates the need for the 2-way splitter, AND will give you stereo for the 'local' TV. No stereo for the others.

Are you saying we can use both RF and RCA output from the dp301? RF drives the other TVs, and RCA for local TV. I thought you could use one or the other, but not both.

If you want, you can even reverse-split the TV1 & TV2 RF outputs and send them to any other TVs in the house - while using the RCA output(s) "locally" as desired.

It's only the so-called top-of-the-line-cost-me-a-grand-921 that limits you to only 1 or 2 types of output at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)