301 reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

viqventeur

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
San Diego
I recently obtained two 301-010 receivers with a legacy twin from a previous owner. I hooked up the dish, ran a check switch and I am receiving a good signal. I followed the instructions for upgrading the system software but it does not seem to work. The receivers have been disconnected for some time and have version p128 software. Any suggestions. Also, will Dish Network allow me to activate a previously activated receiver? Also, one receiver does not have the smart card. Does this mean it is useless, or can I purchase a new card for a receiver that was activated under someone else? Thank you.

Try keeping the receiver plugged in connected to the satellite dish and turned off for a while and it will download the new software.

Dish Network will allow you to activate a previously activated receiver if there is no balance owed on the receiver and if it has been released from the account that it was previously on.

Some of the oldest receivers that have three 0's in the end of the model number such as 1000, 2000, 3000, 6000 that have already had the card swap may require you to purchase a new card if the receiver can even still be used. You should call Dish Network to ask about that. If a new card purchase to use the existing receiver is necessary if the card swap has already been complete then they charge $50 for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)