311 Out? No more single tuner SD?

ckinninger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Guys,

I heard that there will be no more of the 311(R) offered and that they were replacing it with the 322-1.

At first they said the 322-1 was a stripped down 322 to a single tuner with no $5 no phone line fee. Now they are saying the 322-1 is GOING to count as a dual when new accounts are built and will also have the phone line fee if the customer doesn't hookup.

Personally, HD is the way to go but they sell a lot of 311 still. Why would Dish stop it? Does anyone have any real info on what will be coming out to replace this other than the lousy 322-1 option?

Thanks

I have two 311's never used. I opened the boxes, realized that they were not what I ordered and called Dish. They sent me the correct units and told me to keep the 311's as it was to much hassle to ship them back.

So if anyone needs a pair make me an offer.

Interesting! Dish doesn't want the 2 311's back. That can only mean that they want nothing to do with them anymore. So, are we headed to a full scale, all STB's MGEG2 to MPEG4 swap-out some time "soon?" Usually Dish would have demanded any of their "valuable" STB's back.

I have two 311's never used. I opened the boxes, realized that they were not what I ordered and called Dish. They sent me the correct units and told me to keep the 311's as it was to much hassle to ship them back.

So if anyone needs a pair make me an offer.
How long agao did you get them ?? Are They updated with a card??

The 311 is still listed on the Dish website, but the profuct spec does not state if it is mpeg4 or mpeg2. Which is it?

311 still being used but not enough inventory to offer it right now. the tv2 fee can be permanently waived if used in a 1 room setup, just have the tech confirm with dish that it is being set up for 1 room only.

Why is Dish still offering Mpeg2 receivers? It will take years to switch to mpeg4 after they quit supplying mpeg2 receivers

1.they want reduce the amount of different models being used in the field.
2.shortage of 3x1 model is also correct.

i personally like the 311's than the 322-1's

If they are short on 311, which I beleive they are, then why does the 322-1 count as a dual tuner in a DHA lease where they only allow 4 tuners to be leased? It seems like they are really pushing out single tuner boxes which are a valuable option when installing.

Hmm.. I know someone who just signed up with Dish and all they wanted was a 2 TV SD set up.

What they got was a ViP722 and a 1000.4 dish. It's like they figured down the road they wouldn't have to come out to do the upgrade to HD.

Hmm.. I know someone who just signed up with Dish and all they wanted was a 2 TV SD set up.

What they got was a ViP722 and a 1000.4 dish. It's like they figured down the road they wouldn't have to come out to do the upgrade to HD.

The retailer could have done a single 322 dual tuner. Or if if the person you know didn't care about paying HD fee or DVR fee then the 722 is perfect.

Well, the Eastern Arc is all MPEG4, so Dish has to install the ViP series STB's. So, the cited equipment would be correct.

Well, the Eastern Arc is all MPEG4, so Dish has to install the ViP series STB's. So, the cited equipment would be correct.

Yes, that's true. The lack of a single tuner SD receiver being available to new Dish customers will absolutely not effect Eastern Arch. The customer in question could have also been installed a dual hd vip222 with no dvr if he didn't want to pay the dvr fee.

I've had DISH for several years and my parents are on the brink of severing cable and going with DISH. They could care less about HD and/or a DVR...so I guess if they definitely get DISH then it is possible (or likely) they may not get a dual-tuner Duo 322 receiver? Appearance-wise, if I didn't want the DVR or HD I would prefer the slimmer chasis of the 322 and they will too.

Eric

Several minutes later...

I went to DISH's website, and went through the motions as if I were ordering DISH service online as a first-time customer. When I selected the number of TVs I desired to be hooked up, sure enough the hardware description showed either an HD Solo or HD Duo receiver. So it would appear that the 311s and 322s are no more -- I guess some other retailers/installers may have a 311 or 322 they would do for a new install?

Last edited:

yes, that is standard now.
although it would usually be a 222k
very difficult for techs to install these on old tvs. but thats what dish wants.

I've had DISH for several years and my parents are on the brink of severing cable and going with DISH. They could care less about HD and/or a DVR...so I guess if they definitely get DISH then it is possible (or likely) they may not get a dual-tuner Duo 322 receiver? Appearance-wise, if I didn't want the DVR or HD I would prefer the slimmer chasis of the 322 and they will too.

Eric

Several minutes later...

I went to DISH's website, and went through the motions as if I were ordering DISH service online as a first-time customer. When I selected the number of TVs I desired to be hooked up, sure enough the hardware description showed either an HD Solo or HD Duo receiver. So it would appear that the 311s and 322s are no more -- I guess some other retailers/installers may have a 311 or 322 they would do for a new install?

a 211k often replaces the sd single tuner on a new connect. it is an hd single tuner no dvr with a channel 3 output. they are very small (much smaller than 311) and look real nice.

things do change.

211 series will now replace 311 and 322(1tv) setups. as such, appropriate dish will be put on work orders now.

I suppose if the 211 replaces a majority of 311 receivers in the long run, they'll be better prepared for an mpeg4 overhaul later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts