322 "Aquiring satellite"

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
A coworker of mine has a 322 that is continually searching for a signal. His 622 is working fine. He has a Dish 1000.

Any ideas what to look for?

I'm a Dish Network installer,

If this happens on a continuous basis, you will need to contact Dish and set-up a service call. Hopefully the friend has a warranty (if not just call and add it before setting up the service call) this way the repair bill doesnt fly out of the roof.
There could be many solutions to this problem, if the 622 had noooo problems what so ever.. then it could be... the DPPTwin on the dish has a bad out port, could be the cable knotted or damaged, could also be the RCVR itself, coule be loose connections behind the duel rcvr.

1. Easy Check: Grab a 7/16 wrench and just "snug" all connections behind the receiver.
-probally a handfull back there depending on how it was installed (diplexer, seperator, jumpers.)
But this is common problem.

2. Trace all cabling back from the 322, make sure none of the cable is bent harshly or twisted up.
-if it is.. may be your problem, but not too likely.

3. Easy, Safe! Access to the dish 1000? Swap the DPP Twin ports..
- do this by removing the two screws holding in the Twin LNB when you pull this out you will see 1,2,3 ports from left to right
(standing ports facing you)
#1.. and #2 are outputs going to both rcvrs swapped those
.. now wait and see if the problem switches boxes.

4. If its not the connections, not the cable, not the Twin at the dish...
it may be the RCVR, and dish would have to come out and replace that.

5. There is also a chance that it could be the fittings, barrells, seperator, diplexers in line.. but I would try one of the first 3 options to narrow it down. If you can let me know if this thread helped repair your problem.

-tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)