322 receiver hook up

shakobe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 25, 2009
California
I currently have (2) 322 receivers im leasing from dish and i just bought 2 322 receivers from ebay. Im gonna returned the leased receivers back to dish. My question is if i just replace my leased receivers with my new ones by just disconnecting the cables and installing my new receivers where my leased ones were is that all i have to do for them to work or do i have to do more things...i hope this makes sense.

It will work.You will need to activate the new recievers,setup the new remote controll addresses and set the remotes up to work with the TV's.

TV2's may not be on the same channel anymore.
To be sure they do go into the menu to 6-1-5(modulator setup)

Make sure the the new reciever has the same settings on this menu as the leased ones

Why would you return leased receivers and replace them with ones you bought? You save no money doing that, just costs you money and the aggervation of having to send the leased ones back. Makes no sense to own unless you plan on shutting the account off from time to time or going below Family Package which is below qualified programming to having leased receivers.

You will want to make sure the 322's have the latest software so that they will be able to be activated. They may also need the new G3 purple smart cards. They will send them to you if you need them. If they try to charge you for them then you will need to add DHPP to get them for free then drop DHPP after you receive them.

You will want to make sure the 322's have the latest software so that they will be able to be activated. They may also need the new G3 purple smart cards. They will send them to you if you need them. If they try to charge you for them then you will need to add DHPP to get them for free then drop DHPP after you receive them.[/QUOTE]

If your going to do that, you'd better do it fast. With the new pricing stucture starting in Feb. Adding the DHPP (I think the new name is going to be "Service Plan") and then taking it off your account is now going to cost you a $25.00 fee. I guess they want to eliminate the add it on for service, then remove it afterwards to not have to pay the $5.99.

I never agreed to paying to return leased boxes. That was not in effect when I got them. Dish is just getting too greedy. Makes me want to leave with all these fees in disgust! Pure greed!

Another issue is that if you are still under a commitment (original or upgrade), Dish may not allow the exchange until you finish your commitment. I'm not certain that Dish's billing system would even allow this. Of course, if you do get lucky and they exchange it while still in your commitment, they system will still tag those owned boxes you just bought as LEASED because you are still under the commitment. Then you get the heartache of not having Dish bill you for what their system says is their leased boxes should you decide to leave.

MY ADVISE: If you are still in a commitment, save yourself the aggravation and wait until you finish the commitment and all should go well. That's what I did. Can anyone clarify swapping leased for owned during commitment?

if u look in ur contract you agree to pay whatever they decide to charge u

And it is up to Dish to make exceptions. I think everyone here has gotten Dish to drop a fee here and there, but the point of Stargazer's post is that it is very bad form for dish to charge for the return of their equipment that a customer has been paying fees for over a long time. It is at the least unethical, IMHO. However, I know that the moment one stops being a paying Dish customer, they just feel really comfortable sticking it to that customer who is jumping ship. It's a slap goodbye.

Now, what about the requirement to return the LNBF's, often on the roof. That one has to be prohibited by law as it is not right expecting old people and anyone else to go up on the roof and try to unscrew those things and bring them down. Some people really can't do that.

Dish Network will ship you a free card. If they try to charge you for it then just add DHPP and they will ship it for free then drop DHPP after you get the free card.

No unless you are cancelling service then it will be a $!5 fee per receiver that you return (they provide box and shipping label for that fee).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts