322 Receiver to Dish 500 Question ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bamashane1975

Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Hi guys. Complete newbie here. Tailgating this weekend and hope to bring along dish. I have a 322 receiver with Dish 500 dish & Dish Pro Plus LNB. The LNB has 3 coax connections on it. Two outputs I assume, and one input for another dish. Again, all new to me.

I have read that I have to run only 1 coax to receiver (from either output on LNB), and I have read that I have to run 2 (one from both outputs on LNB). Can someone clear this up for me ? I have the S Video and audio cable connections figured out from receiver to TV. Just not sure on Dish to receiver.

One other item....do I need a compass? I thought enterting the zip code on the set up screen gave you everything needed. Sorry guys....first time on this

Thanks guys ! God Bless

You need something solid to mount to, one coaxial cable from the dish, something to connect the 322 to the display and a compass.

I recommend using dishpointer.com to get your azimuth readings. Unless the stadium is a long distance away, you shouldn't need to change the elevation or skew.

Thanks. Does it matter which input on the back of the 322 I go into ? There are 2. I will be using a heavy duty tripod for mounting. Thanks again

if you have a DP seperator on the back of the reciever (silver square with two short jumpers connecting it to the reciever) then you only need one cable connected to the seperator,...however if there is no seperator then you will need two coax cables from the lnbf to Both of the sat inputs

Thanks Elite dish ! We'll see how it goes this weekend. As for pointing, just use the compass to determine true south, then adjust the elevation and azimuth as directed by set-up screen, and be sure tripod is level ???? That about it ? Simply a matter of patience I hope

Get the dish az/el set before you mount it on the tripod, and tighten the back bolts so that you can still move the dish but snug enuogh that the dish doesnt sag. Makes the whole process much easier if the dish cant wobble around much. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!

As an example, enter in "Bryant-Denny Stadium" into dishpointer.com. It will give you both true and magnetic compass readings.

DO NOT adjust the elevation or skew unless you're a long way from home.

The tripod mast must be plumb (vertical +/-0).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)