322 reciever question

aj1964

Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I will be switching to Dish from DirTv. I think I want the 322 reciever. Those that have or have had the 322, I am wondering how you like(d) it? Does the remote work well for the second tv...going through objects in it's path? Glad I found this site...lots of good info and helpful people!! :yes

Likewise, I've had the 322 since August and not a problem one. I occasionally yearn for the DVR capability that the 522 provides, but I am completely satisfied with the 322. If you think you might want DVR, get it now, because upgrading receivers with Dish is, let us say, challenging. :rolleyes:

Judicature said:
Likewise, I've had the 322 since August and not a problem one. I occasionally yearn for the DVR capability that the 522 provides, but I am completely satisfied with the 322. If you think you might want DVR, get it now, because upgrading receivers with Dish is, let us say, challenging. :rolleyes:
I've thought about it..but for the little use I'd probably get out of it it wouldn't be worth it... ;)

322/522

the 522/322 are extremely similar and please, if you ever would want a dvr, get the 522 if its an option. also, depending on the programming you get. fyi, if you have the everything pack- top180 w/ the 4 movie channels, all dvr's fees are waived. great deal if you would get the everything pack anyway have something like 2 or 3 510's, or a 522 and a 510. in regards to ease of use, it is not complicated at all. if you learn how it works, and its not very hard, you'll have no trouble. some people have no clue how it works refuse to accept that a tv2 location must be on a modulated channel, ie- ch21 or higher and you either use air or cable setting on your tv to get video on either ch60/73 which are defaults for each receiver setting.

I don't know why but when we started with dish a year and a half ago they gave us the 322. It doesn't seem to have any problems but the fact they had that thing with svideo to my plasma they must've not been using their noggins. Other than that the 322 is good.

aj1964 said:
I think I want the 322 reciever. Those that have or have had the 322, I am wondering how you like(d) it? Does the remote work well for the second tv...going through objects in it's path? Glad I found this site...lots of good info and helpful people!! :yes

Pluses: It works well.
Remote remote works great.
You can have multiple remote remotes in different rooms with slaved TVs.
They finally got the interactive features working on it.

Minuses:
Ony 2 days worth of advance guide information vs reported 2 weeks with 922.
Remotes won't turn on/off my DVD recorder (they list only VCRs, TVs and DVD players) so I can't program the IR blaster to turn on the recorder.
Same rotten customer service.

JohnP

jpezz said:
Only 2 days worth of advance guide information vs reported 2 weeks with 922.
Dunno whether you mean the 921 or the not-yet-released 942, but NO E* DVR has a 14-day guide. 8-9 days (depending on how you count) is what you get. I believe it's the same for ALL E* DVRs.

Now that we have it, the only bad thing (so far) is the lag between changing the channel and it appearing.

SimpleSimon or one of his followers said:
Dunno whether you mean the 921 or the not-yet-released 942, but NO E* DVR has a 14-day guide. 8-9 days (depending on how you count) is what you get. I believe it's the same for ALL E* DVRs.
Someone posted that they thought they got 2 weeks. That's why I put "reported 2 weeks" but in any case, it is a lot better than 2 days as with the 322.

JohnP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)