grph

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
sc
I currently have 2 receivers, a 211 and a 322. I can't get to the dish to identify it because it takes a long ladder. The dish is about 2' in diameter with 3 heads and two cables coming from it down to a hub in the basement.
I would like to add another 322 for 2 tvs in the basement. I have an antenna wire already in place. What will be involved in setting up this receiver?
Should I contact Dish Network to advise me on this situation?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you have an old 1000 dish or a newer 1000.2. Easy way to tell is the bracket that holds the LNB on the dish looks like a "W" with three single LNB's on the front, then its an older 1000 dish. But now that I think of it, if you have two lines to the basement, chances are it a 1000.2. Bad news is to add another 322 receiver, your going to have to run a third line from the dish for the receiver. No way around it! Three receivers = three lines!

Thats no problem. I have an extra wire coming up from the hub with enough wire to go through wall and connect to the dish. Does having 3 heads on the dish with 2 wires coming out mean that I have an extra one there that I can use for the additional 322?

If it is a 1000.2 dish, then yes, that means there is a third port open on the LNB. When you take the LNB off you will see 4 ports. 3 ports are output, one port is input. If the LNB is facing you (the "eyes" facing you) the 3 ports to the left are output to the receivers. The one to the far right is input (used if there is a 2nd dish.) Connecting one end of a cable to an open output port and the other end of the cable to the seperator of a 322 will work as long as there are no splitters or low-data splices in-line between the LNB and the seperator.
Hooking up TV2 is another matter, of course.
You will need to have a cable that runs from the modualted output (TV2 out) from the 322 to TV2, or use a couple of diplexers.

thanks for the imput. I think the smartest thing to do is to get in touch with Dish Network and have a person come out and do the installing.

thanks for the imput. I think the smartest thing to do is to get in touch with Dish Network and have a person come out and do the installing.
Usually a good idea, especially i the dish is in a location that might be hard for you to get to. The tech will have everything needed to get the job done for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)