32362 SRs with Diamond 9000 PVR ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
A question for those with a Diamond 9000.

When I first bought my 9000 used, it came with pirate software on it, and while the PVR seemed to work, the receiver itself stuttered badly, so I didn't use it very often, and moved the hard drive over to my Coolsat.
THEN, a few weeks ago, for some unknown reason, the 9000 stopped stuttering, and was working nearly perfectly, so I re-connected the hard drive, but on my first attempt at recording something, we had a power outage, which seemed to kill the PVR. It wouldn't work at all. Most I could get recorded was 2 or 3 minutes. I tried reformatting the hard drive, but that didn't work. Then today, I was reading through the "review" thread up above, and noticed a hint saying to run check disk on the hard drive. After accidently dropping the hard drive off the window sill, which seemed to kill it completely, (it was going clunk clunk clunk, and windows said it was no longer formatted), I connected it to the diamond, did a check disk there, then re-formatted it there, and was amazed that the darn thing seems to be working now! At least for medium speed HD. Thing worked perfectly on that NET HD channel, and it works fine on OTA ATSC HD also. However I just tried recording one of those network HD transmissions with the 32362 SR rates, and it doesn't work, ie stutters pretty badly when the thing is trying to record.
Anyway, I'm just curious whether anyone with the diamond has been able to get the PVR function to work on the high speed network feeds? If not those feeds, what's the fastest HD SR values that it will work with? How about the 29270 SR feeds?
Anyway, I was just curious if I still had hard disk issues, or if other people couldn't record those high speed feeds either.

You just found one of its many problems. :)
29270 won't work either. :(

I gave up on the PVR many moons ago. As far as a SR that will work, I would bet anything under 20000 would work, because, after all, these were made to steal programming, thus they only made it work up to the standard that it would take to steal programming. :cool:

You just found one of its many problems. :)
29270 won't work either. :(

I gave up on the PVR many moons ago. As far as a SR that will work, I would bet anything under 20000 would work, because, after all, these were made to steal programming, thus they only made it work up to the standard that it would take to steal programming. :cool:

Thanks. Good to know, I guess I won't bother trying other hard drives then.
Well, if it works on medium speed HD, like the OTA stuff and PBS, I'll be happy, because I have other ways of recording the high speed stuff.
Thanks.

most fta pvr receivers can not do high bitrate feeds, just too much data to record i guess.

not really a diamond specific problem, as i know of no receivers that can. Would be nice though to record network programing hd feeds.

Most likely, the hard drive will fail at some point due to the shock of being dropped. The heads in a hard drive float just above the magnetic surface of the HD platters, and if they crash into the platters (due to sudden shock), there is almost always damage to that magnetic surface.

Most likely, the hard drive will fail at some point due to the shock of being dropped. The heads in a hard drive float just above the magnetic surface of the HD platters, and if they crash into the platters (due to sudden shock), there is almost always damage to that magnetic surface.

Yeah, I know you're probably right on that. I was really surprised that this thing came back to life. I've dropped HDs onto a soft rug floor before and they survived, but this was a really HARD crash onto an oak hardwood floor.... really made a sharp bang when it hit. I thought for sure it was dead.
But I don't mind losing the hard drive if it fails. I'm just glad that it made it through the NFL game I was recording (GOOD GAME)!
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts