36" dish and NSS 7 Sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

huplink

Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Danbury CT
Hello All

I have my Fortec 36" Dish that I purchased from Sadoun all assembled now, the only place that it can be install (because of all the trees) is on my roof where the line of sight is between 7W and 30W and also between 101W and 120W, just enough to see 101, 110 and 119. When I tried to install the dish base/pole on my roof top, I realized that the roof pitch is too steep to allow the base to be plumb so I had to modified it by adding a piece of EMT 2" Pipe to extend the pole 12" and a piece of 2x4 which gets attached to the roof so the pole can be straight. With all the work that I have done so far, I am still having doubts of finding the only Sat that has a few channels worth looking at in my limited space which is the NSS 7 Sat at 22W . Now this satellite is in the atlantic group, far from home. My questian is, what kind of signal should I expect from the 36" Dish, universal LNB and Fortec lifetime receiver? I hope I'm allowed to post some pictures when this setup is all done. I will be at it again tomorrow.

Thanks, Happy FTAing

Thats the footprint, if you live in a dark area you may pick up a signal IF they are broadcasting, little or NO CHANCE if you live out side.
As for knowing its scrambled that info is color coded on the above Lyngsat link.
Always a good idea to look at the BEAM before getting your hopes up, I still do it myself : )

PSB said:
Sorry!

There are NO KU signals on that satellite that will reach this country, have a look at the BEAM in the far right : (

http://www.lyngsat.com/nss7.html

Even the below is scrambled!

http://www.newskies.com/product1.asp?ncontentid=589
PSB there are some signals on the lower end - below 11.7GHz that one could look at if one were to get a European LNB. I noticed them the other day when I was pointing there. One looked nice and wide (about 9 MHz)!

I was north of Milwaukee and the signals were fairly week with a 2.4m antenna.

Neal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)