36" Dish for C band?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tron, When you get your 1.2M up, let me know your results. I am thinking of getting the 1.2 meter in the Spring for my C-Band adventure.

The weather is getting cool, which is good, so I should be able to get something going when the leaves fall. My interest in a MiniBUD lies in the fact that it can be motorized with a USALS controllable H-H DiSEqC motor, instead of an actuator and GBox or VBox. As Kodaz said, this won't work well for DVB-S2. Even my 6 foot panel PortaBUD has problems with S2 transponders.

one noteworthy thing-
I got a chuckle out of the mini when my dishnet service went out in a rain storm and the mini's 70q tps kept pounding away with service !!!
I doubt my low q tps would keep going, but it was amusing.

Well, I been thinking. I am going out on a limb and I am gonig to try using my 36" (90cm) dish that's on my motor for a C-Band setup. Don't know if this is going to work, but I'm gonig to try. I'll do this before going up in size for a new C-Band dish. Today, I ordered a (WSI) C-Band ESX242 Dual Output LNBF and a Conical Scaler Ring & LNB Bracket C-Ku Band Kit. The worst that can happen is put the other lnbf back on. (Right). My motor is set to the arc really good right now. Is there anything (basic) I need to know before I put the new LNBF on? I 'll post my results here after I recieve my parts and have tried to get my FIRST C-Band Transponder. I have never tried for a C-Band anything!

You will probably have to adjust dish elevation for the C-Band LNBF, which sits slightly higher. Just mark your dish before you change anything so you can return it to its proper position after you finish with the C-Band experiment.

Not to be discouraging, but don't expect to receive anything other than maybe a couple of very strong TPs with a 90CM dish.

Thanks Tron, If I don't get anything, I'll still have my new C-Band LNBF till I get my other larger dish. Thanks again for the information!

I hope you do get something c-band.
it catches you, it hooks you, it addicts you,
It seduces you. Then you gotta have more :)

I wonder what happens when i try this....

Today I recieved the Conical Scaler Ring & LNB Bracket C-Ku Band Kit . I hope the LNBF will be here Saturday or early next week. Here in northern Indiana its starting to get colder. I should of thought about doing this two months ago:( when it was nice.

Today I received my new C-Band LNBF. It didn’t take to much time to assemble the LNBF to the dish. I did take outside my TV and tried to tune in my south satellite which is 87 West. I was able to get 3974 H 3023 (Roberts Com. Network) with S75/Q55. That is viewable with my Nano receiver. I could not get any better signal doing all adjustments to dish and LNBF and scalar. That was the only good transponder I could pull out. I checked some other satellites and didn’t do very good at all. I did hit several scrambled stations on 91 West. I could only get one pixelated transponder at 3953 H 3074. That signal was S70/Q35-40. Well, I’m not putting all blame on the weather, but the winds were 15-20 mph and cloudy day. I will try tomorrow and see what happens. If I don’t make better progress, then I will put my Ku LNBF back on. But before tomorrow comes, can anyone point me to the strongest C-Band transponder on few satellites. I know I didn’t have a very good chance going into this setup. But as we all know, it was a fun challenge and the hope to see the box light up. Hey, now I get to fine tune my Ku LNBF for the winter.Well, that’s it for the night.

Today is the finish up of trying the 36” dish for C-Band. I did better today than yesterday. I thought I would change out the scalar with the more flat one that came with the LNBF. To my surprise, the S80/Q80. That doubled from what I was getting with the blue one included in the Ku kit. Just thought I would add that. All the transponders that had about 30-40 Q went up to about 80Q. I was happy with that. Over all, it’s a no go with 36” dish. Everybody was right but I had fun trying. I will try with larger dish this summer.

can anyone point me to the strongest C-Band transponder on few satellites.

i didnt try for very long but the strongest ones for me with my 39 inch dish were......

99w 3995 26402 H3/4
91w 3920 26002 H3/4

i also found i got better results with the flat ring as opposed to the conical ring

Keystone will say WOW when he gets a big c-band setup going. I think I was very fortunate to come along just as c-band home systems got popular and fairly affordable. And that I lived in the country where I could put up 20 of them if I wanted ! One of the best things for me, about c-band, is that you can have a monster thunderstorm with tree branches falling, lightning and thunder and still get an awesome picture. Provided the power doesn't go off , haha.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts