36" dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
Planing to motorize this dish & get an openboxS9.
How is S9 operating a motor?
Can I replace the lnb with an invacom to get C & Ku band sats ?
Another question regarding a motorize dish: how is the motor moving the dish and set different elevations for different sats ?

I don't know anything about the OpenboxS9, but I do know that you can't get C-band with a 36" dish, only Ku. You'd need at least a 1.2 meter dish for C-band, but bigger would be better. At least a 6ft dish is recommended.

As far as the different elevations for different sats, the motor does it all as it turns the dish. You'd set the elevation once while pointing to your true south sat. After that, the motor turns the whole dish, not just east to west, but also automatically sets the skew.

the openbox works fine with a motor. I first had an issue with mine and a SG2100 but it was a bad cable ;)
swapped cable out and worked like a champ

Thank you all for your info.
So, an invacom is better for Ku than any other lnbf ?

Thank you.
your link gave me answers to some other questions.
I ordered the S9, invacom and a hh90 stab motor.

Excellent choices!!!
The Stab hh90 is a top of the line motor for its size. It has a complete set of specs including a dish weight limit(22 pounds).
Most of the other dish mover companies leave you guessing at the maximum dish weight for a given motor. I guess they are ashamed to post what weight their motor can really handle. GregH

Thank you.
your link gave me answers to some other questions.
I ordered the S9, invacom and a hh90 stab motor.

That is the exact set up I have with a 36" dish also. I think you will be happy with everything you have ordered.

That is the exact set up I have with a 36" dish also. I think you will be happy with everything you have ordered.

I replaced my Invacom with a WSI 521 (great single-output LNBF btw), but everything else is the same. The Openbox S9 and STAB HH90 motor work well together for my mancave setup.

Thank you for your input.
I did some research about motors and I realize that hh stab type are most reliable.
I guess I'll ask you more question when the parts will arrive and start the set up.

Well, I did set up s9 on a 30" with invacom & HH90, by dishpointing menu & nothig is comming up on 83w (true south) unless i tilt the elevation to 41.5° as for non motorized dish.
"
HH90​
Distance: 37692km
Motor Latitude: 42.3°
Declination Angle: 6.5°
Dish Elevation: 38°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 187.4°"
In the other hand the site map from stab company give me the same info but the elevation is @ 38.5°. None of them works for 83w, 97w, 101w.
Any suggestions ?

Motor "Latitude" and Motor "Elevation" are not exactly the same.
Look at the Scales on the Motor, one side will have Latitude, the other will have Elevation.
It's easiest to set the Latitude Scale to Your Latitude.

Motor "Latitude" and Motor "Elevation" are not exactly the same.
Look at the Scales on the Motor, one side will have Latitude, the other will have Elevation.
It's easiest to set the Latitude Scale to Your Latitude.
Not according to the manual: one side is latitude scale for 10 to 45 & the other side is latitude for 45 to 70!
I do not understand "motor elevation"??

The axis of rotation of your motor must be parallel to the axis of rotation of Planet Earth. You are at latitude 42.3 degrees so the axis of rotation of the motor must be at an angle of 90 minus 42.3 equals 47.7 degrees relative to level ground. The dish must be declined from that axis by the angle of declination (which is maximum at true south and less the further the dish goes east or west from true south.

Thank you for your input.
Now i'm confused: either the numbers are not helpful at all, or I need to calculate myself everything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)