36" Fortec Elevation Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I was wondering if anyone has a side profile picture of a 36 fortec? Because I have one, and i wanted to see how the elevation is adjusted. Since it uses the 2 screw (with attached metal bar thing...LOL) adjusting method to adjust the elevation.

For example my elevation is 25.1 i dont know how to set it, because these have no elevation marker.

Thanks.

The elevation marker is on the left hand side of the lnbf feedarm just below the elevation scale. It is a small indentation on the feedarm.

I think Sadoun has some pretty good photos on their website.

If you are facing the dish (same direction as the signal comes in) and walk around to the right, you will see that there is an elevation scale on that side. There is also a dab of red paint to assist you in getting the numbers to line up. After that, you may want to make sure that the bracket holding the dish is plumb to make sure that you have the two bolts lined up fairly evenly.

I'd go out and take a pic for you, but it's a little too dark and rainy here in NY to get on an alumninum ladder.

Cheers!

mine actually does not have the red paint,,, i've atached a pic of my 25.1 setting, does that look like it was done right?

hantu said:
I think Sadoun has some pretty good photos on their website.

If you are facing the dish (same direction as the signal comes in) and walk around to the right, you will see that there is an elevation scale on that side. There is also a dab of red paint to assist you in getting the numbers to line up. After that, you may want to make sure that the bracket holding the dish is plumb to make sure that you have the two bolts lined up fairly evenly.

I'd go out and take a pic for you, but it's a little too dark and rainy here in NY to get on an alumninum ladder.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 166
oh you got the oddball mount....that I don't know. If there is no paint, it usually is the middle of the nut

Hmm i guess i just have to move it around till i find something..lol. I found it weird that it had no marker, but i thought thats the way fortec all ship.

Iceberg said:
oh you got the oddball mount....that I don't know. If there is no paint, it usually is the middle of the nut

Yes, that is the right way to mount it. You see on your picture, just below the bottom nut, there is a white dot. That is a reflection of the indentation I was refering to. I wish Fortec painted the indentation in red to make it easier to see (like the Pole mount bracket).

So as long as that indent is lined up with the elevation marking i should be good. My only other concern was if the top nut did not align properly. Should that metal strip connecting the nuts always stay flush with the pole that goes down to hold the lnb.

Sadoun said:
Yes, that is the right way to mount it. You see on your picture, just below the button nut, there is a white dot. That is a reflection of the indentation I was refering to. I wish Fortec painted the indentation in red to make it easier to see (like the Pole mount bracket).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)