360 Rumor - All new models in Sept

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Rumor

The new 65nm chip XBox 360s will start appearing in late August or early September. This was pretty much known.

But, all of the new models will have HDMI ports and quieter DVD drives. This includes Core and Premium models.

Why MS doesn't kill the Core is beyond me.

From the source:
The new hardware will ship in boxes very similar to what we saw on store shelves now, but there will be a small "call out" on the box so you know you're getting a system with the HDMI connection.

360 Cores and Premiums with HDMI? An inside source spills the beans

I undestand revisions I do, the ps2 had what 2 or 3, the Ps3 has upgraded the hard drive and taken away a chip, but the 360 has had some (in my eyes) major changes to it, and alot what 4 in the almost two years its been out.

I wonder how much i can trade in my 360 now for. I have a core, as the premium wasn't avail on launch day. I would actually play the damn system a little more if it was quieter. i can hear the system over my onkyo home theater, and that is just sad!

Do the new units with HDMI ports have the new 65nm chips? I might get a new core system if they do, I can use my HDD from my current premium and trade in my old 360 as a core unit or something like that anyways. I do wish that 120GB drive was cheaper though, it certainly makes just getting an Elite system much more tempting, except I'd rather just have the 360 in white at this point. I hope the new 65nm units are basically silent, I love using my 360 for DVD/HD DVD viewing but the system I use it on is TV speakers only and can sometimes be hard to hear the movie.

I wonder how much i can trade in my 360 now for. I have a core, as the premium wasn't avail on launch day. I would actually play the damn system a little more if it was quieter. i can hear the system over my onkyo home theater, and that is just sad!

Just don't forget that your downloaded XBox Live content, if any, won't follow you to the new box easily..... You have to be always online for it to work.

They will follow you to the new box when you migrate your account to the new box BUT you must be actively online via XBox Live to have "permission" to play the full versions.

Normally not a problem BUT games you've downloaded won't work if your internet connection goes down or the XBox Live goes down for maintenance as it is wont to do once every couple of months.....

I'm not sure about downloaded TV content, although I know you can redownload it. once you've bought it, it lets you redownload it again. This doesn't apply to movies which are often rental only and go poof after a few days....

Picked up a Premium with HDMI today at a Target. Supposedly the ones with the HDMI also have improved cooling/heat sinks as well.

Just don't forget that your downloaded XBox Live content, if any, won't follow you to the new box easily..... You have to be always online for it to work.

I'm sorry if this is taking the thread in a different direction...but I just wanted to make sure that I understand the quote above.
If you get a different XBOX 360 you won't be able to play the games you dl from Live on that box easily? I just sent in my 360 for service and if they give me a different one in return will my games work still when I connect my HDD to the different 360? Or does the difference only occur between the elite and core.

Your purchases are tied to console ID and xbox live gamertag that purchased it.

In the absence of the propler console ID, you must connect to xbox live with your authorized gamertag in order to play a purchased title.

So right now I am in Colorado with my 360 for a week... I have no internet access, I can't play any full arcade games I've purchased because the console has no idea if I am authorized to access the full versions. This is not my original console, i got this refurb a month and a half ago.

When I get back from Colorado I will have a coffin waiting for me, this one is having problems too.

Elstevo described the issue perfectly. Currently, that's the way they have things set up. As long as you are online, there is no worries..... If your connection (or XBox Live's servers are down for any reason), isn't there... then you are limited to demos only. Not a huge deal, and may only pop up 3-4 times a year for heavy users with stable internet connections, but I'm just trying to make sure you understand how they authorize content.

There are rumors they will modify this in a future release (the "fall update" maybe). I hope they do, as people who migrate to other 360s or get replaced units will bump into this.... A problem set to come to real head in the next few months as people move to Elites or units with HDMI outs.....

okay so I did it, I sold all of my stuff (360 Well when I say sold 360 I gave it to gamestop for 150) and sold my ps3 (yes I will miss blu ray). I went out and bought a new 360 premium with HDMI, hooked it up and I am now ready for Halo 3! what about Bluray you ask, well I will get the HD DVD I guess, in reality I am tired of the whole bluray vs HDDVD, and in reality my ps3 sat there more then it got used, and I used it for warhawk, but that was it. so anyways, this new 360 does have HDMI, but no 65mm chip those have been delayed, we will see how this does, hopefully better then the last 6 360's :)

a galore of models

Why have so many models, correct me if I am wrong, but dowesn't that increase production cost. I am aware that some consumers do not have the ability to forfit the amount of money for a premium, but you pretty much have too in the long run. I mead, seriously, who doesn't own a HDD for the 360. It is a pretty standard component, everyone has to get one eventually because memory cards are junk.

Which brings me to my point, I don't have the newer HDMI box. I wanted it for my greedy eye's to be soothed by smooth graphics and presentation, but when the main game I am playing right now is Puzzle fighter HD and castlevania SOTN, which are sweet games btw, I really do not need it.

But Halo 3 is on the horizon.... maybe, just maybe there will be a final factor in my decision. However I been having a WII ion my mind for a while, SSBM: Brawl is so alluring :)

Was part of a discussion about SSBM brawl on another forum... amazing that it is going to featureless online multiplayer.

No stats, no rankings, and if I understood it correctly you don't even know who you're playing against. No speech or text so no smack. And Nintendo is promoting all these missing things as a feature. Not that I'd want all of them, but there is only so much of a reason to play it online.

Was part of a discussion about SSBM brawl on another forum... amazing that it is going to featureless online multiplayer.

No stats, no rankings, and if I understood it correctly you don't even know who you're playing against. No speech or text so no smack. And Nintendo is promoting all these missing things as a feature. Not that I'd want all of them, but there is only so much of a reason to play it online.

Their thoughts are it will keep the jackasses away. There is absolutely no incentive to be a jerk online or cheat to win when the other person can not communicate with you, they have no idea who they are playing and the only person who knows if you won or lost is you.

I'm not saying I agree with it but thats what I have heard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)