$360 to up to 622 from 942 since I have 2nd dish to 61.5?????? Why?????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I was inquiring in advance of the April 1 rebate, what my upgrade situation would be--all the fees, etc and to make sure I understood what the upgrade included.

I called a Tech Rep and she said that the $299 did NOT include a Dish 1000 since I already had a 2nd Dish pointing to 61.5 and already had HD programming with my 942???

Is this true???? I am DEFINITELY not going to upgrade at this point--I see nothing where anyone else who had a 942 and a 2nd dish already, were not able to get the Dish 1000 for the $299 upgrade?

Who can I talk to about this? DISH--I am really SICK of you! Only a customer since last May and I REALLY HATE it!

I WILL WAIT for MOVEI BEAM and just sit here with the 942 and my existing HD and hope DIRECT TV does better in the future.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Direct doing better but hopefully you find what works for you.

I would call again BC your upgrade should include any and all necessary equipment including switches.

bookwalk said:
I was inquiring in advance of the April 1 rebate, what my upgrade situation would be--all the fees, etc and to make sure I understood what the upgrade included.

I called a Tech Rep and she said that the $299 did NOT include a Dish 1000 since I already had a 2nd Dish pointing to 61.5 and already had HD programming with my 942???

From Dish website.

DISH Network can come to your home and replace up to two of your current receivers OR add DishHD in another room of your home for pricing starting at $49.00! The receivers below are eligible for installation:

HD Single-Tuner Receiver for $49 (including installation & dish antenna)
-OR-

HD Dual-Tuner DVR Receiver for $299.99 (including installation & dish antenna)

Sounds like it should include the dish 1000.

bookwalk said:

Is this true???? I am DEFINITELY not going to upgrade at this point--I see nothing where anyone else who had a 942 and a 2nd dish already, were not able to get the Dish 1000 for the $299 upgrade?

Who can I talk to about this? DISH--I am really SICK of you! Only a customer since last May and I REALLY HATE it!

I WILL WAIT for MOVEI BEAM and just sit here with the 942 and my existing HD and hope DIRECT TV does better in the future.

WRONG... Calm down hang up and call again... It incudes the dish 1000 and the switch upgrades if any ;)

goaliebob99 said:
WRONG... Calm down hang up and call again... It incudes the dish 1000 and the switch upgrades if any ;)

That's what I understood from the website, but the TEch Rep stood her ground and so I hung up--am now on a loooooooong hold for a CSR rep instead. It's been over 5 minutes and still holding--are there any magic words to get the deal as stated on the website?

Should there be any difference if you wait until April 1, other than the $200 rebate?

Bookwalk, where do you live?

If in the NE, you need the 61.5 dish. If you are elsewhere, you will likely need 129 in order to get locals. In any case, GoalieBob and the others are correct. They state that the install includes all necessary dishes and switches.

If they are giving you too much hassle, you might want to ask for your additional locals if they are on 129. They are required by law to make that happen at no cost to you. I did that several months ago for the Denver market and got a Dish 1000 installed.

I have heard the phrase, "if necessary" in some of the references to the inclusion of a D1000 & switches in the upgrade offer.

I do not think it is an absolute. In fact, it would not be for anyone out of the D1000 service area.

In Scott's first post to the sticky thread on Dish'n It Up details, the pdf file that overviews the offer states that, "When upgrading to HD programming, the upfront price paid by the customer includes a dish antenna upgrade (either D1000 or wing to 129 or 61.5 , depending on geographic location)."

This definitely stops short of saying that an existing HD customer who already has dishes picking up all HD programming is guaranteed an upgrade to a D1000.

Last edited:
Big_Ed said:
This may be a stupid question, but why do you care if you have a Dish 1000 vs. your 2 existing dishes?

Some people might prefer to only have a single dish instead of two. Personally, having two dishes doesn't bother me.

As I look over what everyone has been quoting from Dish, the thing that stands out to me is the if necessary. If you have a 61.5 dish, then having a Dish 1000 is not necessary, unless they are putting your locals on 129. So that might be the sticking point... do you need 129, or is all of your programming mirrored on 61.5.

I agree that it might be preferable, and it seems like if they offer it to some, then they should offer it to all... but this is Dish, and we know how they do business lately!! I'd play CSR roulette and see if you can't win the prize with one of the calls. Please let us know how it turns out... I am sure there are others of us that would be curious to know the outcome! :)

Also why aren't you waiting until April 1st?

If you aren't going to I hope you hold on to your 942 and just add the 622 since you want it now.

If you bought your 942 I suppose you can sell it to some who would want it for the upgrade also

I had No problem getting upgrsded. I have the 211 instead of 622 But i when i called i got the upgrade and another dish pointing at 61.5 no questions asked for $49.00 and it was installed 3 days later. Call tech support instead of csr thats what i did.

My 942 is leased and I probably will wait for Apr 1. I am in South Dakota and I had locals at 148, but that dish was repointed to 61.5 to get VOOM, so I only have 2 dishes, but my area was designated as an area that needs to go to 1 dish.

From what I read in these threads, I'm thinking the tuning compromises might be more severe with the D1000 than with 2 separate dishes, location dependent. In other words, you might be better able to optimize 3 sats with 2 dishes than all 3 on one. Can anyone confirm that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)