Status
Please reply by conversation.

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
I have this dish just sitting on a pole beside my house and I was wondering if it could be used for Ku linear polarized channels, and if so, what's a good LNBF to use on it. It's an old fiberglass dish I installed at our home years ago. It's showing some signs of weather damage that left the surface a little pitted. Here's a picture of the dish. I also have an old DirecTV internet dish up behind the building.

I was wondering mainly about some channels on SES-2 87W Ku.

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_130220[1].jpg
    IMG_20181020_130220[1].jpg
    58 KB · Views: 232
That dish MIGHT get the CNN feeds on 87, but it won't get anything else. Most feeds on 87 are DVB-S2 and require at least a 76cm dish

That being said, there are some guys here who have put the Superdish to good use for non DVB-S2 feeds

Reactions: wvman
That dish MIGHT get the CNN feeds on 87, but it won't get anything else. Most feeds on 87 are DVB-S2 and require at least a 76cm dish

That being said, there are some guys here who have put the Superdish to good use for non DVB-S2 feeds

Where are these feeds and what's on them. I'm not familiar with most Ku feeds.

I have this dish just sitting on a pole beside my house and I was wondering if it could be used for Ku linear polarized channels, and if so, what's a good LNBF to use on it. It's an old fiberglass dish I installed at our home years ago. It's showing some signs of weather damage that left the surface a little pitted. Here's a picture of the dish. I also have an old DirecTV internet dish up behind the building.

I was wondering mainly about some channels on SES-2 87W Ku.
Two Superdish units from Dish, SD105 and SD 121 had a linear LNBF for the 105W or 121W on them along with circular ones for the normal Dish stuff. You might be able to just "Plug and Play" that one.

I believe its 11960 H 29270

CNN news feeds

Sorry about that, I wasn't very clear on that. " That being said, there are some guys here who have put the Superdish to good use for non DVB-S2 feeds" I was wondering what the non DVB-S2 channels are. :)

i'd say... get a Ku LNBF like the Maverick that KE4EST sells, and a bracket, and play with that old dish. You should have no problem getting 95W, probably 97W quite well, and maybe some of the transponders on 30W Hispasat. It should also work fine for KBS on 123W.

Also worth trying 125W for the PBS mux - but might be a bit of a stretch. LPB on 87W is probably off limit with that size

G
i'd say... get a Ku LNBF like the Maverick that KE4EST sells, and a bracket, and play with that old dish. You should have no problem getting 95W, probably 97W quite well, and maybe some of the transponders on 30W Hispasat. It should also work fine for KBS on 123W.

Also worth trying 125W for the PBS mux - but might be a bit of a stretch. LPB on 87W is probably off limit with that size

Thanks for the info. I'll check that out. :)

Just about all of them except PBS on 125. I've used it for 103 and 87. Currently its fixed on 91 for ABC news and other wild feeds

I have plenty of ABC feeds on C-Band, but I was interested in the channels on 87W. If I got 3 of these dishes, I could fill the last 3 ports on my 8 way switch and add several channels in the process. :) Thanks for the info.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts