381 signal losses

vtjman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 30, 2007
ABQ
Ok I have one of those 381 sd receivers, and I noticed that the last few weeks certain channels would all of a sudden be missing. I would run a check switch or do a soft reboot, and things would be back to normal. Now tonight I go into the bedroom and the orange offline light is lit, no satellite blue light. I hit the system info button and it reports a green connection for 110, 119, and 129. But then it has a red X in the last box and I click on details and it says signal losses, some 90 signal losses in several 6 hour periods. I tried doing a cold reboot, did a check switch when I was able to get into the menu, and still can't get a signal. My 622 in the living room is fine. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Ok I have one of those 381 sd receivers, and I noticed that the last few weeks certain channels would all of a sudden be missing. I would run a check switch or do a soft reboot, and things would be back to normal. Now tonight I go into the bedroom and the orange offline light is lit, no satellite blue light. I hit the system info button and it reports a green connection for 110, 119, and 129. But then it has a red X in the last box and I click on details and it says signal losses, some 90 signal losses in several 6 hour periods. I tried doing a cold reboot, did a check switch when I was able to get into the menu, and still can't get a signal. My 622 in the living room is fine. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

vtjman,

The transponders at 129 are almost all MPEG4 signals. The 381 is a rebranded 811, neither of which can use MPEG4 signals. Since the 381 (811) does not have the circuitry for MPEG4 it can not see or use any transponders that use MPEG4.

Its likely the receiver is continually trying to maintain a lock on the satellite signal from 129, which is not possible.

One Solution would be if you could remove the 129 feed to the switch for both receivers, then get a DP21 to connect the 129 feed only to the cable feed that goes to the 622.

The other solution would have you drop the 381 (811) altogether and replace it with a 211 receiver. Depending on your status with Dish network you might be able to get a 211 for less than $50 bucks.

John

sorry I should have been clearer in my original post. I am getting green for all three sats (including 129). There is another column to the right of the satellite columns that has an X in the header and below that has an x in a red box.

It is only when I click on details that I see that there has been some signal losses in several 6 hour blocks. I should also note that I have had this 381 for nearly 2 years, with no problems, so I don't think it is all of a sudden having a problem with 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)