3900 receiver

gml9858

Original poster
May 12, 2007
I hooked up a 3900 receiver to a dish 500 dish and the check switch results would only see the odd transponders and no evens. It also sees the switch as a switch 64. I then took another dpp lnb from my other setup and the receiver still saw the switch as a 64 but picked up all transponders. The funny thing is, is that I took the dpp lnb that only picked up the odds on the 3900 and put it in place of the second lnb I used from the other setup which incidently uses a 625 receiver, and it worked fine over there. What's up.

Are the newer generation dpp twin lnbs now compatible because I have a somewhat newer one that works and an older one that does not work with the legacy receiver but will with everything else so I know the lnb is good.

Like I said, a DPP Twin needs to have a DP receiver to make a Legacy receiver work. If you have a DP Twin, it will not work with a Legacy receiver unless you get a DP Adapter.

Like I said, I have 1 that works with the legacy receiver and one that does not work with the legacy receiver.

No That is why I can't figure this out

It's funny you mention that scenario. A few years back, when DPP Twins 1st came out, I accidentally did the same thing by connecting a Legacy receiver to a DPP Twin. In the short term, it DID work...but eventually the receiver stopped working. As Randall already stated, in order for it to PROPERLY work, you will need either (a) a DP style receiver connected or (b) a DP adapter. The Legacy receivers just don't have enough juice to sustain operation for the long haul; at least by themselves.

So, he split load between TWO legacy receiver; sort of risky setup - in case if one receiver will be disconnected for ( how long ?) say day, other one will be dead and first soon too when it will be reconnected.