3ABN now available to both Dish Network subs and Sky Angel subs

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
Just annouced. Echostar III says 3ABN will be back on on 61.5 as the same channel. It will be a PI channel. So in order to get it, SkyAngel subscribers need to have a DISH account which they can get by having a second receiver.

Just annouced. Echostar III says 3ABN will be back on on 61.5 as the same channel. It will be a PI channel.

It cant be the same channel number. PI channels are in the 94xx area and SA is 97xx area.

They'd have to shoehorn it in at 9409 (the spot where RFDTV was recently) as all the other PI channel spots are filled channel number wise

I see nothing anywhere about 3ABN coming to Dish Network. On the 3ABN page I see:
http://www.3abn.org/promotional.cfm
You Can Help!
Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
3ABN has what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reach approximately 30,000,000 souls with the Gospel by getting Dish Network to add us to their channel lineup. But we can’t do it without your help. We need you to enlist the help of your Church as well as friends, family and the local community in a letter writing campaign requesting Dish Network to carry 3ABN on their basic package. You may address your letters and postcards to:

Mr. Eric Sahl
Senior VP Programming
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian
Englewood, CO 80112

Thank you for your help in this tremendous evangelistic opportunity!!

--------------------

I'll keep looking but I cannot find any news releases. And it cannot go in the 9700 range if it is going on Dish Network. That is strictly Sky Angel's channel range.

BTW anyone with Broadband can watch 3ABN when ever they want http://www.3abn.org/tv_media.cfm

See ya
Tony

I just did some research and I can't find it either.

I see a news release that could give some one like me, a closet dislexic, the impression that SA has 3ABN:

http://www.sys-con.com/read/362449.htm
...Its video productions can currently be viewed on two major TV networks (Three Angels Broadcasting Network or 3ABN, and FaithTV, the largest channel on the Sky Angel Network) ...

The article is about a completely different comany and when it mentions SA it is strictly about Faith TV, not 3ABN.

I'll stop looking for tonight.

See ya
Tony

It's True oabout 3ABN

On 3ABN Today (Live) telecast last night it was mentioned and they say it maybe a couple weeks before things get going. But they were told my Dishnetwork CEO that it will be on 61.5. It was also mentioned that 3ABN and Amazingfacts will merge.

You can watch the rebroadcate on Sunday at about 3 p.m. I think. But that will be a good thing that people can get back 3ABN and I guess it will be on TP 12355 whre some Public Interest TV has been showing up. I guss we will all watch and see.

I am sorry if the title of this thread is a little misleading. 3ABN is not returning to SkyAngel but since it is returning to 61.5, SkyAngel subscribers will be able to receive it.

you do not need a dish sub to get the PI channels. All you have to do is call Dish and ask for the "free Public INterest channel Pack"..two threads on the item

I guess I misunderstood what I had read about being able to get PI channels. I am quite happy if what you are saying is true and I was wrong about that.

On the live broadcast last night, they did say they were going to be on the same channel and specifically mentioned 9710. I am not that tech savy to know if that is possible or if they are mistaken.

Iceberg: are you sure one doesn't have to have a DISH account to get the PI channels? All they need is one receiver and a subscription to SkyAngel? That is really great news.

3ABN will be available on 61.5 as a Public Interest channel. It is scheduled to be active within 3 weeks.

Public interest channels are available to any Dish Network package subscriber automatically or to Sky Angel subscribers if requested. The channel will not be available as a unencrypted Free to Air channel.

To receive the channel:

1) Have an active Dish Network or Sky Angel account
2) Have a dish aimed and receiving 61.5
3) Sky Angel customers will need to contact Dish Network and request the Public Access channels.

Thanks for the information. I believe you (or at least believe that you believe this) and I am very happy that 3ABN is returning to 61.5º. Just call me Thomas. I still have nagging doubts since I have not seen ANY supporting releases, faxes, uplink activity or information other than some one's "say-so" on a satellite chat board. Now the fact that Almavision has been showing nothing but a "coming soon" slate for a couple of months leads me to believe that it ain't never coming and Dish needs another PI channel to be compliant with FCC regs. So at least I see where it may end up.

Public interest channels are available to any Dish Network package subscriber automatically

PI channels are available automatically to ATxxx subscribers, but all others have to ask for them! Dish Latino, Great Wall, A La Carte and international subscribers can also get the PI channels for free, but they have to call and ask as well.

The PI channels available on Dish are listed HERE

See ya
Tony

Iceberg: are you sure one doesn't have to have a DISH account to get the PI channels? All they need is one receiver and a subscription to SkyAngel? That is really great news.

Shane
I posted the link in this thread. As TNGTony noted, all you have to do is call Dish and ask for the free PI pack. IN the link I provided it tells whom to talk to (talk to tech support).

Here is the thread where SA only customers were able to get the free PI pack
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=73608

The PI channels are spread across numerous satellites but if they put 3ABN on 61.5 then you will be able to get it.

I got the PI channels as a result of reading that thread - Thanks a lot Satellite Guys! However I thought I was only able to get them because I do have a Dish account due to my second receiver. I didn't realize that all Sky Angel subscribers could get them.

We didnt know either until a few people were able to get them back last August :)

I assume since both Dish & SA have a working agreement that's why Dish can turn them chanenls on.

yes they can be blocked. If you have a dish just at 61.5 you get like 5 channels in the pack

and no you cant get just 3ABN....use the channel locks for the rest :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts