3D VOD now available on 722 &722K

VOD can only be ordered using the remote at the receiver, and PPV coupons must be used online, or through the automated phone system, so you wouldn't be able to use the coupons for the 3D events. They're close, but not exactly the same

Has anybody with a 722/k and Logitech Revue tried a 3D movie? I'm interested in something other than passthrough, such as superimposed GTV menus over 3D video. Maybe this awaits Honeycomb?

I have a 3d TV and when I select a 3d movie (Captain America 3d I think) it says my TV is not supported?

DISH Network 3D TV

I very rarely post in this section,but I was looking at the DISH website & I noticed that DISH was offering 3D movies now. Now I have a ViP 722k that I'm going to set up for use with DISH,but I'm getting the impression from the web site that only the ViP 922 is 3D capable. It just seems strange to me that with everything that the 722k is capable of doing that the 922 cannot(Blockbuster Video on Demand,Google TV),that it would be the 922 that so far gets 3D capability. If this is true,is there any plans for the 722k to also get 3D capability?

722k does already have 3d ability. Its that not much of the content out was setup for the 722k to play .. not sure why there is a difference.. or if there really truly is a difference in streams/content for 922's 3d as opposed to stuff for 722's .. but that's what they've said or alluded to.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/269488-3d-vod-now-available-722-722k.html#post2672105

there is at least 1 other post ... originally from MATT G of Dish IRT ... I would suspect there are more posts out there saying the same about it being available now.

Could the mods then merge this thread with the http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-net...ml#post2672105 (3D VOD now available on 722 &722K) ? It's good to hear about the 722k then. I have to wait until my tax refund to knock down some trees to give me LOS for both 119 & 129. I have another tree I have to knock down to get LOS for Eastern Arc if I had to go that route if LOS is unavailable for 129(I'd have to go with 2 dishes then because my HD locals are on 119). I'm amassing everything together & just patiently waiting to clear the trees.

I am seriously thinking about getting a 3D TV. I have been with Dish for a long time, but it appears that if I get a 3D TV to have any 3D content except expensive VOD that I will have to switch to DTV. If I get one, I would really like to see the bowl games in 3D and that does not appear to be possible with Dish. Does anyone have any information about the bowl games in 3D on Dish. I think that ESPN3D will be offering 6 of the top bowl games in 3D. I have 2 722s and 1 622 and really like the receivers, but it appears that for now DTV is the way to go if you have a 3D TV and that Dish has made a strategic decision not to pursue 3D.

Just got the LG 55lw5600. It is great! The 2d to 3d conversion is pretty damn good, and actual 3d is stellar! It was ~$50 more than the non-3d. There is really no reason not to go 3d anymore. This tv is excellent, and the fact that it is passive made it a no brainier.

I have 2 722s and 1 622 and really like the receivers, but it appears that for now DTV is the way to go if you have a 3D TV and that Dish has made a strategic decision not to pursue 3D.

I'm in a similar position. I've held off on 3D because in order to really become immersed, you need the largest screen possible. For me, that means a projector. Until recently, 1080p projectors were both cost prohibitive, and very dim in terms of brightness. Last month, Optima released the HD33 DLP and Epson released the 3010 LCD, both for around $1500. Both are 1080p, very bright, and have received excellent reviews.

I have been a high-end dish customer since 1997; my bill comes to over $150 per month.

I'll be buying a projector within the next 6 months. If Dish hasn't developed competitive 3D products by then, bye-bye Dish.

I'm in a similar position. I've held off on 3D because in order to really become immersed, you need the largest screen possible. For me, that means a projector. Until recently, 1080p projectors were both cost prohibitive, and very dim in terms of brightness. Last month, Optima released the HD33 DLP and Epson released the 3010 LCD, both for around $1500. Both are 1080p, very bright, and have received excellent reviews.

I have been a high-end dish customer since 1997; my bill comes to over $150 per month.

I got the 3010 about 2 weeks ago and love it! We'd previously been enjoying 3D on a 73" Mits and it was nice but 3D on a 120" screen is awesome. I really like Dish equipment and service for me has been great as well for the last couple of years BUT if they don't add some 3D SOON I'm gonna have to jump ship as well. Been with them over 13 years.

Ed

I too am an over $150 per month customer. If I go to DTV , I get locals in HD, 3d, and a 5 tuner DVR. My only problem is I have many recordings on 3 EHDs. Is there any way to copy/convert a Dish EHD to a DTV EHD?

Simple answer? No.

While data is data ... its encrypted on dish's side using dish's keys ... and your rights to the content pretty much end the moment you disco from Dish.

Same should be the case for Directv.

Only way you can save the content is to record it to dvd/vhs before you disco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)