3lnb 99/101/103 on a phase 3 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fetajr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2004
is it true that a 3lnb slimline assembly will fit onto a phase 3 18"x20" dish, essentially making it into a slimline?

04f6_12.JPG

DIRPHASE3DISH-2T.jpg

There have been some that have been able to do it, with varying results.
The geometry of the Phase III dish is not optimum for getting 99 and 103. Not to mention the lower gain from that dish. There are threads around concerning this.

Yes it will work but as with most "jury rigged" items it isn't as good as the designed product. Why not just get a FREE upgrade from D*?

Don't bother . The Phase III dish is too small to supply an acceptable signal from the Ka (99,103) satellites on a cloudy day.
I've tried it and its fine on sunny days ,but cloudy days its unpredictable, Rain for get it!

You be surprised on how Jury rigged its NOT!. Barely any mods needed.:D
Yes it does fit the feed support of the phase 3 only the hole alignment is wrong. But is the focal distance correct? Does the skew correspond exactly to the slimline? Does it have the fine tune adjustments for dithering the elevation and azimuth? You may not like jury rigged but the answer is still the same, it will work but as you admitted not as well as a designed dish.:)

I have been running with this exact setup since the spring & I have not had a problem. I get 99 & 103 in the 80s & 101 in the 90s. I could probably get an even better signal strength if my mast was exacltly level & if I bolted the LNB in place. We have not had too many rain storms since I hooked this up, but the one time I was watching when it did rain, I only lost a few of the channels for a few minutes when the rain first started up -- basically the same as the old single LNB dish & a proper slimline. I am curious to see how well this setup will fare once the fall winds pick up & the snow starts to fly. I can't imagine it'll be much different unless the snow starts to build up on the dish, which would be a problem for any dish...

I have been running with this exact setup since the spring & I have not had a problem. I get 99 & 103 in the 80s & 101 in the 90s. I could probably get an even better signal strength if my mast was exacltly level & if I bolted the LNB in place. We have not had too many rain storms since I hooked this up, but the one time I was watching when it did rain, I only lost a few of the channels for a few minutes when the rain first started up -- basically the same as the old single LNB dish & a proper slimline. I am curious to see how well this setup will fare once the fall winds pick up & the snow starts to fly. I can't imagine it'll be much different unless the snow starts to build up on the dish, which would be a problem for any dish...
Wasn't too good in Watertown NY at all.:)

The ka band satellites(99,103) are not high powered satellites. This is why the triple sat dish won't work as well. As soon as dish network starts using their satellites at the 97 and 105 orbital slots you will have even more problems.

The ka band satellites(99,103) are not high powered satellites. This is why the triple sat dish won't work as well. As soon as dish network starts using their satellites at the 97 and 105 orbital slots you will have even more problems.

Why?

dude i went to a service call. and a lame ass contractor did that sh*t and it was working GREAT. Awesome signal on 99 and 103. the receiver was bad. Had to end up replaceing it though my company that work for sucks ass.........

Yes it does fit the feed support of the phase 3

I thought the base of the newer lnbs was wider and would not fit into the sleeves of the older dishes.

If the newer lnb's do fit ( into old), why not just use a 30" round dish ( or larger) if all you want is 99,101,103 or is the relective angle all wrong?

I'm still looking for something a little larger than the slimline but not wanting to go to the 1.2meter dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)