3rd Remote for 722k revceiver

ekozak

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Sorry if this is a basic question, but I did not receive good help from Dish Network support, so I am trying the interwebs :)

I have a 722k DVR system with 20.0/21.0 remotes. TV2 is set-up on both our bedroom and basement tv. Currently, we just transport the 21.0 remote that we have between the 2 areas when we want to use it. However, someone gave me a 6.3 remote today that I would like to use for our basement tv. This remote has the blue tab that says UHF Pro. I called Dish and they told me it should work. They had me try to change the 6.3 remote to work on the 27 secondary remote address that the 21.0 remote is set to. When that didn't work, they tried to have me change the secondary address to 7. We could get the 6.3 remote set up on 7 but not the 21.0 remote. So, I can get both remotes to work independently, but not at the same time.

Is this possible? If so, can someone break down the steps really simple? Thanks for your help!

You should be able to do so. Both of the remotes need to be on the same address, and band (there is band A, and B). For the 21.0 remote, the band is determined by the address (A is odd numbers, B is even). On the 6.3 remote, there is a switch next to the batteries that determines what band the remote is on.

Change the remote address on the receiver to 7 using the 21.0 remote so it shows as "band A" on the receiver, and then on the 6.3 remote make sure the switch next to the batteries is set to the "A" side, and also programmed to 7, and they both should work

Matt,
Thanks for the quick response. However, I cannot get the 21.0 remote address to change to 7. I hold down the SAT button until it blinks, press 7 and #, but the address does not change. Is there something else that I should be doing? This same process works on the 6.3 remote.

You must be at TV1 as well.

Press system info on the front of the receiver, then do the steps you posted

After that, press "record" on the remote a couple times, and you should see the address on the screen change

I am doing exactly that and nothing changes.

Standing infront of the receiver. I push system info on the receiver. Hold down SAT on TV2 21.0 remote until it blinks. Hit 7 # the record button twice. Nothing happens except the blue tv2 icon beside the the 27 address on the system info page blinks. The address stays 27.

Hopefully Matt has been able to take you through the process of changing your remote address. I just wanted to confirm that you can use the 6.3 remote along with the 21.0 remote for the 722k. I've got multiple tv's connected to my 722k and two remotes each, one for TV1 and one for TV2, at each tv location. I've got a combination of 20.0, 21.0, 6.3 and even 6.0 remotes all operating my receiver. For the record, you can only use the 6.0 remote on TV2 on the 722k and not UHF Pro on TV1; the 6.3 will operate both TV1 and TV2 UHF on the 722k.

I spoke with the OP on the phone, and couldn't get them both to work at the same time. The OP has another 21.X on the way, which I'm betting will work like a charm with the 21.0 (or 6.3)

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
I spoke with the OP on the phone, and for the life of me couldn't get them both to work. The OP has another 21.X on the way, which I'm betting will work like a charm with the 21.0 (or 6.3)

Hmmm, interesting. I've got nine remotes programmed to work with my 722k, 1 IR (the 20.0), 2 - 21.0, 4 - 6.3 and 2 - 6.0. The only thing I can think of is the A/B switch in the battery compartment is switched to B using an odd remote address? I think when I set mine up I programmed the 21.0 remote first then the 6.3. Well he'll have a new remote that definitely should be easier to setup.

Tried both even, and odd addresses, and matching the remotes. Still was only able to get one remote working at a time. I'm starting to think that there was something simple that I overlooked

Yeah, I'm stumped too. They should both work, not just one or the other. It took me a few minutes trying to figure out changing TV1 to UHF Pro, but we're only talking about adding a second remote to TV2 in this case which *should* be far simpler! Apparently not this time...

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
I'm hoping that the 21.X's will play nice with each other since there's no A/B switch on them. We'll see how things go

Let's hope so, I've got 2 - 21.0 for my TV2 and one for my TV1 and I haven't had any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)