Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Hello Fellow Satellite Guys. We are turning to the real experts for assistance with a project.... YOU!

Are there any 24/7 or regularly scheduled 4:2:2 feeds? If so, and not published, please do not post to the forum and PM the parameters / schedules.

We are in final testing phase for a next generation receiver and need to perform additional 4:2:2 testing with a variety of broadcasts. Is there a specific channel or a mux that is problematic that we should be aware of?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Well,
Here are two feeds, but probably not 24/7 that have been problems for the AZbox. They apparently are Harris 4:2:2 encoders, as opposed to Tandberg 4:2:2 encoders. The AZbox works fine on the Tandberg streams.
Galaxy 19 - 1 C
3720MHz
Vertical
SR29300

Galaxy 19 - 9 C
3880MHz
Vertical
SR29300

I'm sure a lot more feedback will be in the offing.
:)

Well,
Here are two feeds, but probably not 24/7 that have been problems for the AZbox. They apparently are Harris 4:2:2 encoders, as opposed to Tandberg 4:2:2 encoders. The AZbox works fine on the Tandberg streams.
Galaxy 19 - 1 C
3720MHz
Vertical
SR29300

Galaxy 19 - 9 C
3880MHz
Vertical
SR29300

I'm sure a lot more feedback will be in the offing.
I have no problems getting the two feeds listed above
with the AZbox.

I picked those feeds off of Rick's site. Sometimes they are done with Tandberg encoders, sometimes with Harris encoders . The theory is that perhaps it's just one Sat truck that has a problem encoder ( for the Azbox ). It's part of the long AZbox thread over there.

Thanks for the messages and posts. If any other problematic transponders are found, we would appreciate the heads-up!

Thanks again!

Can you summarize the summary post? Enquiring minds want to know...
"7/09 at 07:13 PM
Reply with quote #151
The AZ Box and 4:2:2 HD has been discussed quite a bit in this thread, but the thread is getting quite long now and it is hard to find all of the details.

To date, the AZ box will do some forms of 4:2:2 QPSK HD and some forms of 4:2:2 S2 8PSK and other forms, it will not do.

When CBS does their backhauls and use the Harris Encoder and do 4:2:2 QPSK HD, the AZ Box will NOT do video on these feeds. The AZ Box will also NOT do Video on the CBS 4:2:2 S2 8PSK Network feeds. I suspect that they are also using Harris Encoders in New York.

There have been 2 different TNT NBA basketball playoff games, where they used 4:2:2 S2 8PSK HD and the AZ Box DID do the Video, but all of the other 4:2:2 S2 8PSK HD feeds have yeilded NO Video. My speculation was that on the 2 feeds that the AZ Box did give video on, were using a Tandberg Encoder and possibly the other feeds may be Harris Encoders. This is only a guess.

The AZ Box gives Video on the Speed Channel 4:2:2 QPSK HD feeds fine.

Only time will tell if future software updates will allow the receiver to do these different 4:2:2 S and S2 feeds."

My opinion, since I don't have a real C-band dish, is that the AZbox tunes everything that I can throw at it. No other receiver matches it's "skill set", but it's a long way from perfect. I could wish that my Merc II had the capabilities of the AZbox, with the simple Merc II interface.

When CBS does their backhauls and use the Harris Encoder and do 4:2:2 QPSK HD, the AZ Box will NOT do video on these feeds. The AZ Box will also NOT do Video on the CBS 4:2:2 S2 8PSK Network feeds. I suspect that they are also using Harris Encoders in New York.

That has been fixed. If I can lock a feed, the azbox WILL play it. I watched the network CBS's the other night. The issue with those is HIGH FEC (9/10), you MUST have a bigger dish, tuned properly, to score those. :up

You should check out the CBSHD mux wich has 4:2:2 HD that the AZ Boxes apparently cant get.

The CBS 4.2.2 worked fine on MY Azbox, unless they have more than one variety.

That was my main reason for buying the Azbox, and it was the first transponder I tried to tune, and it worked. There are occasionaly audio issues with the Dolby-E audio, but I don't remember any issues with the 4.2.2 .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)