Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
Hi,
I will ask it here as I don't know where else.. In the "What's up there" forum I see guys posting Cband 4:2:2, etc.. I wonder if there is an FTA receiver capable of that or you all use a PCI card or something similar?

thanks.

There is at least one that is available in the US, it's the Qualitv QS 1080IR. It cost $700+. It will also do HD. The PC card route is by far the cheaper way to go. The Qualitv is a European made receiver, and is pre-programmed for European satellites. It also doesn't have blind scan, you have to manually enter PID's. I would not recommend it for a beginner, but I love mine and wouldn't want to do without it.

Al

but you need a computer for the world box. You don't input it like a PC Card into the unit, but it needs the computer to operate

Iceberg said:
but you need a computer for the world box. You don't input it like a PC Card into the unit, but it needs the computer to operate

Yes, every member here has a computer :p

very funny Pete.

What I meant was you have to have the world box hooked to the computer to make it work. Some of us have the computer not near our FTA system :)

I checked the specs/price of many... What is mepg4? Is it HDTV? Because I am sure I found some with : ( HDTV/ MPEG II Decoding Engine: Software.)

I have to read more, I am confused :confused:

but just remember it's cband.. so you not only need the box or the card, you also need a BUD.

mastermesh said:
but just remember it's cband.. so you not only need the box or the card, you also need a BUD.

I think he was mainly asking about 4:2:2... there's lots of 4:2:2 to be had on KU FSS too.

So there is 4:2:2 signals on KU eh? What's up there? Is it real channels that stick around or is it just backhaul/feed stuff? Also, what size dish do you need to get it? I've got a 76 cm Winegard on and a SG2100. Would it be worth my time to get a DVB World Box? What would be available if I got that and ran another line from the Pansat's IF Out back upstairs to the computer room?

master, what comes to mind is NBC. It's not exactly a 24/7 programming channel (mux), but it's basicly a fix location that stays fixed 24/7. i.e., you know where it's at. But, it is 4:2:2, and I wouldn't classify it as backhaul/wild feed either. If you can afford it, the DVB World Box would be a great addition to your hobby. Then, you could get your fix for 4:2:2.

Al

most 4:2:2 channels are feeds on KU. NBC on AMC1 (as voomvoom noted) is realy the closest thing to a 24/7 channel on KU that is 4:2:2

voomvoom said:
There is at least one that is available in the US, it's the Qualitv QS 1080IR. It cost $700+. It will also do HD. The PC card route is by far the cheaper way to go. The Qualitv is a European made receiver, and is pre-programmed for European satellites. It also doesn't have blind scan, you have to manually enter PID's. I would not recommend it for a beginner, but I love mine and wouldn't want to do without it.

Al

If the 1080IR doesn't do blind scan, then how do you scan for feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts