4/20/2011 3:16pm - Uplink Activity Report - 64 changes

Can we mix East and West Arcs? For example, I have a Dish 1000+ that sees 110, 119 and 129. But 129 has tree issues. If I add a single dish to my switch (I have one open port) and point it to 72.7, will I be able to pick up channels I usually get on 129 that are also there while keeping 110 and 119?

Can we mix East and West Arcs? For example, I have a Dish 1000+ that sees 110, 119 and 129. But 129 has tree issues. If I add a single dish to my switch (I have one open port) and point it to 72.7, will I be able to pick up channels I usually get on 129 that are also there while keeping 110 and 119?

A better solution is to add both 61.5 and 72 and drop 129 if you do not have a good line of sight. That is what I have. That will, for now, give you every channel not exclusive to 118, unless of course your locals are on 77, which yours are not. If Dish decides to use 77 for national HD channels at some time, that may change things. You may have to fight for that, Dish is not keen on mixing arcs. They let me because I get the distants, only available on the WA. But I would have been in the same boat as you, I can not see 129, but have no problem with 110/119 and the EA.

Thanks for the quick reply. So is it pointless to add a dish to 72.7 without fist asking them for approval? I was hoping it would just work. Just wondering if it's easier to add the single dish pointed to 72 (I have a spare) or to chop down the tree. (It's only one tall one).

If you pointed to 72 it would work regardless if you called Dish or not.Just as long as you have a HD receiver.

Is bloomberg the only hd channel or are their others hd channels coming soon? what about the distants of ny and la that they have is dish getting back in the distant games?what about chicago distants? ty for reply

Thanks for the quick reply. So is it pointless to add a dish to 72.7 without fist asking them for approval? I was hoping it would just work. Just wondering if it's easier to add the single dish pointed to 72 (I have a spare) or to chop down the tree. (It's only one tall one).

I didn't realize you would be paying for it and installing it yourself. In that case you do not need approval, it will indeed just work. I still think all things being equal, a complete arc will give you less chances for problems down the road. As I mentioned, there still is 77 on the EA that at some point may be needed for programming. So cutting down the tree and getting the complete WA is certainly an option.

If you look at prior uplinks, the NY and LA channels are uplinked in both SD and HD, and on the same channel numbers, but different satellites. HD NY and SD LA is on 72.7. HD LA and SD NY is on 110. Can anyone make sense of this?

If anyone can make sense of the uplinks, the next questions are as follows: Will AAD sell these channels? Will Dish sell these channels? Will some other unannounced carrier sell these channels? Or are these channels already being sold privately?

If you look at prior uplinks, the NY and LA channels are uplinked in both SD and HD, and on the same channel numbers, but different satellites. HD NY and SD LA is on 72.7. HD LA and SD NY is on 110. Can anyone make sense of this?

If anyone can make sense of the uplinks, the next questions are as follows: Will AAD sell these channels? Will Dish sell these channels? Will some other unannounced carrier sell these channels? Or are these channels already being sold privately?

I can make sense of this! NY HD is on the eastern arc and LA HD is on the western arc. Makes perfect sense to me. People in the east want to see NY and people in the west want to see LA. Of course, in the old days, I had both NY and LA along with San Francisco locals. That was the best of all worlds......

So does anyone know what is up with locals yet? Will it be for a market that is short networks like for instant Lake Charles, LA doesn't have FOX yet. And another city is Bluefield, WV I think it's missing ABC. Will the person get west coast feed or east coast feed? Since both LA and NY are on Eastern Arc.

I can make sense of this! NY HD is on the eastern arc and LA HD is on the western arc. Makes perfect sense to me. People in the east want to see NY and people in the west want to see LA. Of course, in the old days, I had both NY and LA along with San Francisco locals. That was the best of all worlds......
But why are they on the same channel numbers? That could pose a problem if someone had a setup aimed at both 110 and 72.7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)