4-5 Second Delay between Channels (622)

pulltab

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2004
San Diego
Not every time, but when I change channels, either SD or HD or combinations of both, I can experience a 4-5 second delay before the channel comes on.....sometimes even up to 8-9 seconds......and then it will "pop back in" and return to "regular" delays between channels, and then go into "delay mode" again at random intervals.

Being a DNS installer, I have talked directly to Level 2-3 T/S to no avail. (Separator changed out, re-peak/replace LNB's on Dish 1000, etc).

Anyone else have the same problem? Probably the receiver, eh?

Have you try to reset the receiver? It happened to me before, a simple power reset will fix that. I have not see that happen for quite sometime now. Consider Dish receiver (622) a Linux based computer, sometimes it could experience things like "memory leak" or "runaway process" and result some slow response to command.........

Yes, I have tried to reset the receiver....even back to the built in defaults. Thanks for your response anyways...

Anyone else have thier $.02 ???

4 sec is what i get. If component works ok I would suspect the HDMI is dying (you’ll find out soon enough, more than half are experience HDMI problems, including me)

If using a DPP44, power it down, and disconnect cables, to clear its tables. Then after about one minute, reconnect and power back up. When you bring it back up, I expect your delays will be shorter. I noticed that last night on my Vip211 after I cleared the switch.

3-4 seconds is about right. It use to be faster, but people complained about stuttering and sound pops so they increased the delay in channel switching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts