4 day customer, already had to fight with CSR to change receivers

skiz77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got hooked up on Saturday. I was supposed to get a 522 and 301 but the installer couldnt put the 522 in my basement with my surround so I got a 510 down there and 322 upstairs. This was a joint decision by installer and me at the time. I had to pick up the 510 from the installer site on Monday 1/10.

After posting on here I realized having the digital out on the receiver to my surround sound isnt that great because seems like only 1 out of 10 movies on hbo/cinemax are in dolby 5.1. So I might as well have the original order of the 522 and 301 and have dvr in two rooms.

So I call Dish today and the first CSR tells me I cannot change the order and there is no 30 day grace period as I had thought.

I call them back to talk to someone else and she tells me there is a 3 day grace period and I am 1 day late.(Apparently they count Sunday) She tells me I cannot change without paying a $49.99 fee. After telling her I want what I originally asked for and shouldnt have to pay she tells me her system shows my original order was the 322 and 510 which is total b/s. I told her the system is wrong and I can fax you the installers service order showing the 522 and 301. Apparently they don't have faxes because she didn't want me to fax her anything. I told her I obvisously didnt send the installer that service order so it must have been them. She puts me on hold and talks to supervisor, comes back and tells me I only have to pay $24.99. I said I shouldn't have to pay as brand new customer not to mention the 510 has only really been connected since Monday, 2 days ago when I picked it up and they activated it. She tells me it has been active since Saturday which again is b/s. I told her I'd bet her a million dollars the 510 receiver was just activated Monday. She puts me on hold, for some reason didn't take the bet.

Anyway then I speak with her supervisor who tells me the CSR was fair by meeting me half way...and asks me why did I wait until today to call. (What the entire 4 days??) I told her I barely got a chance to use the 510 because it was activated Monday at midnight. I should have mentioned I work 40 hours and wasn't able to watch tv all day on Mon & Tues sorry. She tells me she is going to transfer me to another area and puts me on hold. 5 min. later the CSR comes back and says they will switch it with a $49.99 charge that I can have reversed 24 hours after it posts. I took her associate # and name.

Anyway why the f.. did I have to argue with them over this? I called the installer when I was on hold with them and he said he will gladly come out and change it this weekend and since I have no contract tell them to come get the equipment if they make me pay. He said if I threaten to leave they would definitely change it for free. It didnt get to that point, but pretty close. Just thought you might be insterested in this. I really like the dvr and the guides, but man the customer service s%cked when it came to this issue.

No they would not have given it to you for free if you had threatened to cancel. The contract clearly states a three day grace period after the install. You asked the installer to change your work order to a 510 and then signed off on it. After three days it's your problem, and Dish was doing you a favor by letting you exchange it for 49. you have to look at it from their prospective. they are paying a tech around $100 every time he comes out, and you haven't paid a dime yet other than the 49.00 that you'll get back on your first bill.

skiz

When did you sign the second contract? I think that the three days should start from then not the first one.

re

I double posted because I meant to pist in her enot the 522 forum.

I had to pick up the 510 myself at the installers office on Monday. I called to try and switch on Wednesday. I barely even had a chance to use the 510 between Monday at 1200 midnight when they sent the hit and Wednesday when I called them. Not to mention the installers paperwork that I have still shows the original 522 and 301. I think the 3 days should start on Monday when they activiated the 510 which was technically Tuesday Morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)