4' dish set up

Rich J

Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Here
I need some assistance....

I am now living in an area that requires me to use a 4 foot dish to get reception on my Dish Network. I am using a 1000.4 Eastern arc LNB that has been mounted on the oversize dish. I have connected to 77, but cant get 61.5 or 72.7. I have located the Dish Alignment info for my location on dishpointer.com, and have a question about the skew setting. I have attached the setup data that is provided on the website. If I am reading and understanding the settings correctly the dish should be rotated counter clockwise 83.4 degrees, (looking at the dish from behind). This would position the LNB in just about the 3:30 position. Am I reading it correctly? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Dish Setup.JPG

The geometry on that dish probably won't work correctly for the 1000.4 lnb to be able to properly aim at multiple sats at the same time. You will need to purchase separate DP lnbs, and manufacture a new lnb mount to get them at the correct locations to hit each satellite. Don't forget when aiming at multiple sats with a single dish, the signal crosses over to the opposite lnb.

It's easier if you only need to hit sats 61.5 and 72.7. If you also need 77 all at the same time, it'll be harder. You need to aim the dish itself between the sats, and figure out where to place each lnb.

p.s. rotating the lnb's is not necessary for circular signals, so ignore that. That's not your problem here anyway.

I need some assistance....

I am now living in an area that requires me to use a 4 foot dish to get reception on my Dish Network. I am using a 1000.4 Eastern arc LNB that has been mounted on the oversize dish. I have connected to 77, but cant get 61.5 or 72.7. I have located the Dish Alignment info for my location on dishpointer.com, and have a question about the skew setting. I have attached the setup data that is provided on the website. If I am reading and understanding the settings correctly the dish should be rotated counter clockwise 83.4 degrees, (looking at the dish from behind). This would position the LNB in just about the 3:30 position. Am I reading it correctly? Thanks in advance for any assistance. View attachment 105590

Do you live in Alaska or are you in Canada?. If you are in Canada then don't expect any help, DISH Network is not allowed to sell it's service to Canadians. Give Bell TV or Shaw Direct a call for your satellite needs.

With that azimuth and elevation I'm guessing the Caribbean or somewhere in that neighborhood. Maybe too far out of the footprint?

The geometry on that dish probably won't work correctly for the 1000.4 lnb to be able to properly aim at multiple sats at the same time. You will need to purchase separate DP lnbs, and manufacture a new lnb mount to get them at the correct locations to hit each satellite. Don't forget when aiming at multiple sats with a single dish, the signal crosses over to the opposite lnb.

It's easier if you only need to hit sats 61.5 and 72.7. If you also need 77 all at the same time, it'll be harder. You need to aim the dish itself between the sats, and figure out where to place each lnb.

p.s. rotating the lnb's is not necessary for circular signals, so ignore that. That's not your problem here anyway.

I think that 61.5 and 72.7 will work if I can get them both; I will give it a shot, however... wouldn't I still need to skew the dish to align for the different satellites? If so, what is the location for the 83.4 degrees?

Well, you can skew the entire dish, OR, you can leave the dish on it's mount as normal, and can skew the placement of the lnbs!

So, your individual lnb's would mount either above OR below the "normal" lnb mounting line, in the reverse of the satellite arc. That all depends on where in the world you are located, and how your dish is setup (individual lnbs are really the easiest to do with this situation). Since you haven't told us anything, there's no way to be specific as you'll need to figure all that out for yourself.

Kinda like this:

1pcs-Multi-Feed-LNB-Bracket-Holder-For-Satellite-Dish-Or-Antenna-Hold-Up-To-5-Ku.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)