4 foot dish vs. 6 foot dish, need input

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My homeowners association won't let me have a BUD unfortunately. But I am going to strategically place trees and a fence line that will allow me to skirt the rules a little bit.

I'm looking at putting either a 4 foot dish up or a 6 foot dish (both over homeowners rules).

I have had a 30 inch ku band system for years, and want to get more our of my azbox, pansat, and old uniden supra analog receiver.

My question is what will i be able to pick up with a 6 foot dish that i wouldn't be able to with a 4 foot dish? I know that brentb in Michigan gets STO and a few other channels where he can watch sports on C-Band with a 4 foot mini-bud.

I know that on some ku band that i can't lock some dvb-s2 signals with my 30 inch dish, and it likely wouldn't change with a 4 foot dish, but what about a 6 foot dish?

All input is welcome!

ps. the sad thing is, I have a 10 foot dish in my garage that I definitely can't put up.

In the old days, when I dealt with "Covenants", we put in multi-types of "Camo"... One was an "sunshade umbrella", with a table under it, up to 10'. Another was a "rock" we placed in and on the ground, but only 6' big. Another way was to dig a "pit", 10' deep, 15' square for access, that nobody can "see" them with homeowner assoc. approval as a ..., "big ugly dishes" as anything other than their uses, landscaping or functional sunshades...:up

Then they cannot say no as a variance, because they permit rocks as landscaping, umbrellas for the back yard, and un-seen differences as additions to the home...

This was when the homeowners ass oc would say "no satellite dishes whatsoever"

Last edited:
If u live in the United States, no one can stop you from installing a Dish anywhere on the property you reside, call the FCC, and get the straight answer, but unless the laws have been changed, just a few years ago, that was the law.

The FCC ruling only protects your right to have up to a 39" dish if installed within your exclusive use area within the continental US. A larger dish size is permitted in Alaska and Hawaii. Placement of the dish may be regulated in specific instances. Here is a link to the ruling: http://www.satelliteav.com/p/fccrules

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)