4 Hoppers - Is DISH 1000+ the only single-dish option?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
If you want 4 Hoppers connected to a single dish (w/o wing dishes), is the 1000+ (110, 118.7, 119, 129) the only option?

The dish is only to get the satellites. As far as hooking up four hoppers, you are going to need some additional switches. One dish, a couple switches, and a couple nodes.

The dish is only to get the satellites. As far as hooking up four hoppers, you are going to need some additional switches. One dish, a couple switches, and a couple nodes.
And to clarify, a 1000+ is not needed unless you need all four sats.

A standard 1000.2/1000.4 would be the normal install. The switches do job of supporting the four hoppers, not the dish.

And to clarify, a 1000+ is not needed unless you need all four sats. A standard 1000.2/1000.4 would be the normal install. The switches do job of supporting the four hoppers, not the dish.

So you could connect all 4 Hoppers in a single network using a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish? How?

So you could connect all 4 Hoppers in a single network using a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish? How?
It would require a couple of DPP 44's and or DPP34's. Google the DPP44 and DPP34 switches for their limitations and it should explain how you will have to connect the H/J. Also try googling a multi hopper connection for diagramms.

Just taking a glimpse from my cell, it looks good. The only thing I would question, and only because I can't remember off the top of my head, is whether or not you need a second power inserted, and how many tuners each outport can control... I know on the lnb it is 2, but not sure about the switch... Likely is 2 as well.

Here is my system diagram for four HWSs and a Joey using DPP44 switches. I don't think you will need a Dish 1000+ dish unless you wish for international channels.

Attachments

• 4 Hopper Diagram PTAT MoCA.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 260
Charles,

Can you also post a photo of your installation that you're using for your avatar. I know you've posted it before, but I couldn't find it. I'm considering going for a 3 HWS 1J myself.

Thanks,
Dave

Charles,

Can you also post a photo of your installation that you're using for your avatar. I know you've posted it before, but I couldn't find it. I'm considering going for a 3 HWS 1J myself.

Thanks,
Dave
Sure, here you go. My kid has moved out so I think I am going to reduce down to three HWSs soon and also reduce down to one WJ.

Attachments

• HopperHeadEndPri.jpg
    HopperHeadEndPri.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 2,118
Here is my system diagram for four HWSs and a Joey using DPP44 switches. I don't think you will need a Dish 1000+ dish unless you wish for international channels.
Yeah, I remember seeing your diagram before -- I figured since you used a 1000+ that 4 sats were needed! What a relief to know that a 1000.2/1000.4 will work just fine. Tx again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I use three separate dishes for my setup, (I have 4 hoppers, a wired Joey and wireless Joey). I have one Dish 500 with an I yoke pointed at 110, and two 30" Winegard dishes pointed at 119 and 129. Those feed into a DPP44, that that feeds out to a DPP33 and then each of the switches feeds out to a duo node, then the duo nodes are connected together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)