4 Rooms, 4 TVs, but only 2 viewers, on the cheap!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are replacing a faulty DVR with another DVR, the fees don't change.

Out of personal curiosity, how does one output from the HDMI and component on the Genie? I always could with the HR24, but when I do it with the Genie it gives me a copyright message on some channels. Once it comes on, I have to manually disconnect the component cables to get either TV to get rid of the message and show anything.

Anybody? Just tried to output from both again and it doesn't work! How do you do this!?!?

Both outputs are live, but when you are on a channel like HBO that uses copyright protection, the component is disabled.

Both outputs are live, but when you are on a channel like HBO that uses copyright protection, the component is disabled.
No, that's almost certainly not what is happening. If the HDMI is connected to a TV that is HDCP copy-protection compliant, the component output will work fine as long as that TV is switched ON. If it is OFF, the HDMI connection will fail the HDCP copy protection test and so the video will be switched off on both outputs.
The answer to this is to use a powered HDMI splitter that maintains HDCP compliance even when the TV is off (even if you only use one of the splitter outputs). People report good results with splitters from Monoprice, but I don't have any specific model information.

You'd pay the $25 advance receiver fee on either set up. It breaks down as $10 hd, $10 DVR service, and $5.00 whole home service. So once you pick to have whole home you pay that. So you'd save $ by going with the genie and a client.

Status
Please reply by conversation.