(4) Tuners with (1) Dish??

Questions Shadow:

I dont understand when you say "turn off the tuner that is on say tv 2 on the 1/2 dvr the dvr from downstairs passes through and you can watch whatever is on that dvr (the tv 3/4 dvr that is)."

How do you turn off a tuner? Arent they always on as long as the DVR is on?

ShadowEKU said:
Gotcha, nice diagrams.

Waht I would do.... Use the TV 3/4 setup to do all my recording... use Single mode on that reciever.. since both TV's are in the same room and wont be watching anything seperate.. this gives you the option to A record something in the background B record 2 things at once while no one is in the room and C a nice PIP feature on the TV and Prjector. I would run ouput 2 of the 3/4 reciever via Coax to the External antenna in on the other DVR. that way when you turn off the tuner that is on say tv 2 on the 1/2 dvr the dvr from downstairs passes through and you can watch whatever is on that dvr (the tv 3/4 dvr that is)

what this does:

As noted it gives you the functionality of PIP and background recording on tv 3/4

It also allows you to watch all that is recorded on the 3/4 Dvr on tv's 1,2,3,4. I really hope this helped.

My recommendation is not to have a DVR on tv's 1 and 2 inless you want to record alot on those tvs and couldnt record downstairs. I would get a 322 for tvs 1 and 2 and that way your wife doesnt have to worry about disrupting a recording if she uses any tvs.

hope that helps.

by turn off i mean push the power button on that tuners remote... it allows the antenna in to pass to the coax out... kind of like the TV/VCR button on a VCR putting it in vcr the vcr tuner takes over put it in tv and it passes through. this way just kindof switches between sat and antenna (antenna is any signal coming in on that input)

Im not 100% on whether they are on 100% of the time.. I have a feeling the tuner turns off because it doesnt duffer anything coming from that tuner while in "Off" mode. I don think it uses less power but could be wrong.

As a preventative measure dont forget to turn your tuners off at night... by of fi mean power button not unplug

ShadowEKU said:
by turn off i mean push the power button on that tuners remote... it allows the antenna in to pass to the coax out... kind of like the TV/VCR button on a VCR putting it in vcr the vcr tuner takes over put it in tv and it passes through. this way just kindof switches between sat and antenna (antenna is any signal coming in on that input)

As a matter of fact

picks up 522 tv2 remote....

there is a tv/video button on the remote.... that should do the same thing.

What am I preventing? Why would I turn it off at night?

ShadowEKU said:
Im not 100% on whether they are on 100% of the time.. I have a feeling the tuner turns off because it doesnt duffer anything coming from that tuner while in "Off" mode. I don think it uses less power but could be wrong.

As a preventative measure dont forget to turn your tuners off at night... by of fi mean power button not unplug

I think you guys are all missing something "ONE DVR 522" per account. ;)

I seen several threads where people have 522+510+510. Have NOT seen any 522+522 - yet.

The installers came out last night and set me up. They werent able to give me that 2nd DVR 522. They said that Dish is enforcing the limit of 1 per new customer. They had actualy just come from a home where they had set up with (2) 522's a week ago.. Dish can tell what devices each user is using, and so they contacted this installer/contractor and made them go out and replace that guys 2nd 522 with a 322. So anyways, I wasnt able to set up my house with dual DVR's as I had wanted. I had to go with the additional 322 and feed the 322 with the 522s TV 2 input via the 322's TV1 tv/antenna input as shadow had suggested. What was lame is that I had to swap out my 522 for a new 522 because they had to treat this like a brand new installation. The way they were getting around setting me up with dual recievers AFTER the 3-days had already passed since my installation... was to cancel my old account and set me up on a new account (using a diff. name and adding "#B" to the end of my address). That sucks because I lost all of the recordings I had on the DVR as well as favorites, timers etc.

Well anyways, it is all set up and working now. We set it up exactly how it was shown in my diagram (http://www.grahamsite.com/tv/HOMECATV2.PDF). This was the first time these installers had set it up this way (feeding an DVR 522's input to a 322's TV/Antenna in connection.) When we were at the TV plugged into the 322 and hit Satallite off, and changed the TV's channel to the appropriate channel to see the input from the 522 downstairs via the tv/antenna in conn., it didnt work. They finaly figured out what it was, was that we only had RCA going from the 322 into the TV, and so it wouldnt see the 522 because that only will transfer as coax/f connectors. So we changed the input from the 322 to my TV From RCA to coax and we still ran into problems.... when we hit the sattelitte off buton on the 322 IR remote... it was turning off the DVR 522 as well! (it took us a while to figure that out).... so then they realize, crap they are on the same UHF Pro remote address(which doesnt make since to me how it can change the 522 if it is an IR remote)... so they go to reprogram it by using the remote... and then guess what?... it STILL doesnt work.... they finaly figure out that it actualy changed the remote address on the 522's remote at the same time! lol. So they had to change it via the recivers directly and not thru the remote. After that, it all works.

When they were all done, they said that this was the "coolest" installation they had done before...

oh btw, they did set me up with a quad LNB instead of the DP34.

Thanks for your help shadow and anyone else who helped!

im not surprised with any of that... when the installer was changing the frequency on one of my 510s he kept changing it on the other one...

sounds to me like he was trying to program it using the uhf remote which would have cause that problem.

glad to hear you are all set now.

New HD PVR/DVR

Do I Need an 811 HD Receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)