4 Yr Old Model 3800 work with DishPro Quad?

rrolsbe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
My 70 year old parents signed up for Dishnet last March 11th, while I was visiting, and had three recievers installed for free with a one year commitment. Since they now want a forth reciever, I would assume Dish will not supply it for free, correct? I have a four year old Dish receiver Model 3800 I used with a Dish 500 system with a twin LNB. This LNB could be directly connected to two recievers without any external switches and allowed viewing of programming off two satellites; however, it is not a DishPro LNB.

Will a four year old Model 3800 receiver work with the newer DishPro Quad LNB's?
If so, will Dish authorize this receiver, along with their existing three, as a forth unit at an additional cost of $5 per month? I ran a RG-6 coax cable from the forth LNB connector into the room where they what this additional unit. They are getting tired of moving the reciever from their guest room to this forth drop when they what to view programming.

Will a new smart card be required for the 3800? If so, is it provided for free?

Can the Model 3800 recieve local programming just as their other three recievers do.

Since I am making my yearly trip to my parents soon, any help regarding these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Ron

you will need a dishpro adapter...
you can call your local retailer to get one, or you might look around online...
also, you may call the original retailer, because Dish now has, their "Dish N it up" promotions for exsisting customers to add or upgrade their exsisting setup...
just an idea
as far as your old receivers, as long as it was shut off clean, without a balance owing, they should re-activate it with no problem...

dish offers the dishin it up promotion thing directly too, you'd need to call to see if the account qualifies for it though. since its under/around 1 year after being activated, probably not. but to add 1 receiver under the promo would probably be $100 or $150, which they could add 311/510/811. It would included any needed upgrade to dish(probably not needed since its probably a dp quad) and cable to be run from dish to receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts