40.0 remote AUX button issue

olhardhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
Lafayette, La
Dish system installed yesterday. After installer left I tried to program my remote to turn vol up/down...power off on my Denon AVR 4306. There are no instructions with material left by installer soooo after 2 hrs talking to customer service I was told that my remote was bad and a replacement would be sent. After looking through the Remote Manager I found "Volume Control For" TV/AUX. I selected AUX and volume and power OFF worked normal but I cannot find a way to program the AVR to power ON....Anyone??

Nope....that didn't work.. the 4306 Remote is IR (I think) and the 40.0 is UHF... pressing the AUX button and the red pwr button will turn it off though..just can't toggle it back on.

There is no switch on the 40.0 because it is only UHF for satellite. The switch in the 21.x series was to toggle between IR and UHF for satellite, and in the 6.x was to toggle pro band a/b for satellite. As previously mentioned, the other three functions(TV/DVD/AUX) are all IR only on all Dish remotes. And just to settle the quick comebacks, yes the older remotes classify the DVD button as VCR. Have you tried the learning features of the aux receiver remote to the dish remote aux?

There is no switch on the 40.0 because it is only UHF for satellite. The switch in the 21.x series was to toggle between IR and UHF for satellite, and in the 6.x was to toggle pro band a/b for satellite. As previously mentioned, the other three functions(TV/DVD/AUX) are all IR only on all Dish remotes. And just to settle the quick comebacks, yes the older remotes classify the DVD button as VCR. Have you tried the learning features of the aux receiver remote to the dish remote aux?

I had the same exact problem with my Denon AVR when I switched to the Hopper. I discovered I could power on the Denon by using the "pair" button when in AUX mode.
I suppose It's possible but very unlikely the remote is bad.

Not trying for "quick come backs" Cuz. I'm just trying to find a solution for the problem I have with the remote. Yes I have tried learning feature as suggested by poster above to no avail. After 2 hours yesterday with the brainiacs at Dish the frustration level is getting high so there's no reason for being a ass. If I knew everything about this equipment I wouldn't be here asking for help. If you would like to help me then TIA if not...wellll...you know... The 4306 remote has a pwr ON button and a pwr OFF button I tried to "learn" using the ON button on the 4603 to the AUX on the 40.0 it did not seem to have any effect after many tries.

Also, the comeback wasn't expected from you. There are dozens of power users on here that will correct that, so I wanted to post it so they were aware where I was coming from.

I had the same exact problem with my Denon AVR when I switched to the Hopper. I discovered I could power on the Denon by using the "pair" button when in AUX mode.
I suppose It's possible but very unlikely the remote is bad.
Thanks ekilgus, I don't think the remote is bad either that's just what the customer service lady told me yesterday to make me go away. Let me try to use the "pair" button and see what happens. It seems like there isn't a correct code for the Denon 4306 in the data base of the Hopper.. I may not be doing the learning procedure correctly although I've tried 5 or 6 times.

Also, the comeback wasn't expected from you. There are dozens of power users on here that will correct that, so I wanted to post it so they were aware where I was coming from.
Ooooops..sorry ChadT....frustration is high...really. I know there is a way to do this and it is probably very simple but I'm out of ideas. thanks for the ideas from peeps above...

Thanks ekilgus, I don't think the remote is bad either that's just what the customer service lady told me yesterday to make me go away. Let me try to use the "pair" button and see what happens. It seems like there isn't a correct code for the Denon 4306 in the data base of the Hopper.. I may not be doing the learning procedure correctly although I've tried 5 or 6 times.
What he is mentioning is not "pair" per se. It is HDMI-CEC although it may have a different name on the Denon. The Hopper will have it labeled HDMI CEC.

Because you have an on button and a standby button on your Denon remote, you will have to program a different button on your Dish remote to substitute for standby. What that button might be is up to you...

Thanks ekilgus

Ding. Ding. Ding....Chicken Dinner Winner!! The "pair" button works and that's good enough for me...Thanks to all for the help! Happy! Happy! Happy!

Reactions: ekilgus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts