4000/4000 card swap?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

djk2450

Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
i have a 4000 uhf receiver that is getting old and slow. i skips and stalls and needs replacing. can i buy another 4000 uhf receiver w/o a card and use my present card on the new one? i am new to this site and don't want to appear dumb, just inquisitive and frugal. thanks for any replies i receive. dan

djk2450 said:
i have a 4000 uhf receiver that is getting old and slow. i skips and stalls and needs replacing. can i buy another 4000 uhf receiver w/o a card and use my present card on the new one? i am new to this site and don't want to appear dumb, just inquisitive and frugal. thanks for any replies i receive. dan
There is a good chance you will get a letter from DISH with an offer for a replacement receiver. Model 2000s are definitely being replaced. 3000 and 4000 are the next generation of receivers up from the 2000 and they have very limited memory capacity so they may also be due for replacement. Try calling tech support and asking for an upgrade offer it can't hurt.
:)

Dish is upgrading 2000-3200 rcvrs to either reman 301's or reman 501/508's, depending on the uhf functionality.

i want to thank all of you for your responses. i did not know that dish is upgrading old receivers and i will contact my local dealer to see if i can glean any information from him. i like to watch quality tv when i have a chance and the network offerings are so poor. a little history channel or ewtn can make a big difference after a long days work. thanks again. dan

4000/4000/ swap

i did check with dish network and their deal was a no deal! i wanted to change a 4000 receiver for a newer type. the guy kept telling me it would be another $5 a month on my bill ( i already pay that for a second receiver). i ordered the deal after clearing that up, had an insecure feeling about the deal and called again to double check the uhf capability of the ordered receiver. come to find out the one they were to send me was a ir and not a uhf. the girl told me they don't offer uhf unless i get something that will cost me $5 a month more. BULL! i don't watch tv much at all and the dish is all i watch when i do (history, wings, ewtn, etc). i might have to give it up all together. Peace and God bless. dan

Have you looked into getting a UHF Remote Upgrade Kit. The DishStore that is a sponsor for this forum sells them for $45.00. I have not found a cheaper price for this. One question. Was Dish offering you a discount on an upgrade receiver? For example, the model 311 has an MSRP of $109.99 but it can found many places for $99.00. I am curious what price Dish offered you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts