411 OTA audio question, other tuner quesion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kirby Baker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2004
Somewhere in space
I hooked up my OTA antenna feed to my 411 (from 622) the other day, so that I can use the OTA tuner inside Sage with my R5000 mod. When I first checked everything, out of 11 OTA channels (and sub channels) only 1 gave me audio, an NBC SD sub channel. All the rest were silent. I'm not really happy about that, but I did test the R5000 side of it, and OTA captures from that, have sound just fine, so its something in the optical output of the 411 not working.

My question is, is this a known bug? I searched but didnt come across anything except audio sync issues. I tried all DD/PCM modes, nothing changed. Ideas? I would probably not send this in for repair because of its R5000 mod on it, plus R5000 captures are with sound, but its a bit annoying.

Second question, is the OTA tuner in the 411 (and the 211 for that matter) the same as the one in the 622? My guess is yes, but wanted to verify it.

I also have my OTA running through my 211. Initially I receive audio on all channels but I have to reset the 211 every day to receive audio. I think the problem is the 3am updates knock out the audio. I will test it one more time tonight and then call E* tomorrow.
esteps

Kirby Baker said:
I hooked up my OTA antenna feed to my 411 (from 622) the other day, so that I can use the OTA tuner inside Sage with my R5000 mod. When I first checked everything, out of 11 OTA channels (and sub channels) only 1 gave me audio, an NBC SD sub channel. All the rest were silent. I'm not really happy about that, but I did test the R5000 side of it, and OTA captures from that, have sound just fine, so its something in the optical output of the 411 not working.

My question is, is this a known bug? I searched but didnt come across anything except audio sync issues. I tried all DD/PCM modes, nothing changed. Ideas? I would probably not send this in for repair because of its R5000 mod on it, plus R5000 captures are with sound, but its a bit annoying.

Second question, is the OTA tuner in the 411 (and the 211 for that matter) the same as the one in the 622? My guess is yes, but wanted to verify it.

So its not a faulty receiver per se, but more likely a software bug? Like I said, since the audio works on the R5000 captures from this device on both satellite and OTA, Im not too worried, since I dont direct view the 411 anyway. Just wanted to make sure it was some software glitch basically, so I didnt need to look at replacing the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts