Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

I have above mentioned dish with linear white pansat 'small horn style' looking lnb. It has no EL / AZ or SKEW markings. It has a sliding bar and sleave in the back which I am sure is used for elevation, but no EL markings. And, it sits on a rectangular base.

1. Is this a C-Band dish?
2.How do you point this dish?

Thanks, I did a search and can't find the instructions on uploading pics. If one of you can point me to it I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi All,

I have above mentioned dish with linear white pansat 'small horn style' looking lnb. It has no EL / AZ or SKEW markings. It has a sliding bar and sleave in the back which I am sure is used for elevation, but no EL markings. And, it sits on a rectangular base.

1. Is this a C-Band dish?
2.How do you point this dish?

Too small for C-Band. Should work fine for KU band.

OK, thanks for clarifying that it will not work for C-band. Here are some pics. How do you point a dish with no markings to indicate EL or AZ? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC02887.JPG
    DSC02887.JPG
    576.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC02889.JPG
    DSC02889.JPG
    556.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC02890.JPG
    DSC02890.JPG
    627.9 KB · Views: 156
OK, thanks for clarifying that it will not work for C-band. Here are some pics. How do you point a dish with no markings to indicate EL or AZ? Thanks.

I recall Panarex used to sell those 10 years ago. It was considered a 1m prime focus.
Nice pics by the way.

use a magnetic level to figure the elevation and a compass for azimuth.

I like that dish :)

In my mind, prime focus dishes are easy. None of the trusting stamped number scales on mass produced metal ;)

But you'll need a tool to tell you what angle
Johnson Level & Tool 700 Contractor Magnetic Angle Locator
This will tell you the elevation. I'd take it off of the backside bolt or the lnb
I've used mine for skew as well. :D:up

For what it's worth, I think you LNB is rotated 90 degrees left and needs that label to face the sky with the coax connector to the ground.
But that's my guess, no knowledge to back that up.

Azimuth will be aiming east or west. A compass will get you in the general area.

I like to use my tools in this order as far as aiming the dish.

1. Compass
2. Angle meter (Johnson level)
3. Analog meter
4. FTA receiver's Signal Quality meter

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)