44 Hour EPG

alphageek

Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Virginia
I was looking at "the list " because I have lost my 119 satellite reception. I noticed that all of the satellites carry the 44 hour electronic programming guide. After losing my my 119 reception to trees, is there any way to at least get the 44 hour epg back? What would happen if I ran a switch check and disabled the 119 satellite? I currently can get both the 110 and the 61.5 satellites. Not having the epg is driving both of my dvrs crazy.

yep that would work. It will get the guide from 110 then

I am assuming you're gong to try and get 119 back or if you have a 622 or 722 maybe they can switch you to an eastern arc dish. that sees 61.5,72,77

yep that would work. It will get the guide from 110 then

Thanks, I will probably do that for the short term.

I am assuming you're gong to try and get 119 back or if you have a 622 or 722 maybe they can switch you to an eastern arc dish. that sees 61.5,72,77

Great guess. That is exactly what I am going to have to do. Trees off the property have grown so big that they now block my view of 119. I am going to have to get a tech out to do an install of an eastern arc, unless there is some option I am unaware of. I really just want mostly hd at this point, but I do watch a few non-hd channels on rare occasion.

Thanks for the assistance!:cool:

...Trees off the property have grown so big that they now block my view of 119. I am going to have to get a tech out to do an install of an eastern arc, unless there is some option I am unaware of...
Eastern Arc might be the best solution but a wing dish for 119 might be an option if you can locate it to miss the tree. You'd need to cover/remove/disconnect the LNB for 119 on the main dish.

I went ahead and let the switch check fail for 119. Now, I at least have some functioning epg again.

Eastern Arc might be the best solution but a wing dish for 119 might be an option if you can locate it to miss the tree. You'd need to cover/remove/disconnect the LNB for 119 on the main dish.

There just is not anywhere on my very small lot to put a 119 antenna. The trees off of my property have grown over the last ten years.

Eastern arc seems to be the only option for me. I have mpg4 compatible receivers, so will I miss anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts