45ºw - 133ºw OMG!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

putney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
St Louis, missouri
Tracking great on a temp mount with limited space.

I had to extend the mounting point for the actuator, and go from 18" to 24", but I'm now tracking from 45º - 133º!

What I can't believe is that I can actually pull signal with almost half of the dish blocked at 133ºw. I can get the Classic Arts @ 40% Q on the Azbox (nothing else). At 131ºw with about 1/3 of the dish blocked I pull the 8psk signals at 51%.

Next I might put the 18" actuator on my 84e and get rid of that SG6000!

Attachments

• mod_top.jpg
    mod_top.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 283
  • mod_bottom.jpg
    mod_bottom.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 257
  • mod_east.jpg
    mod_east.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 45w.jpg
    45w.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 294
  • WLOS.jpg
    WLOS.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 299
  • ELOS.jpg
    ELOS.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Putney, when mine is at 133W-thru 139W looks like its almost pointed at the ground thru the trees but it gets a signal. Gotta love cband stuff. Ice can you use the pole mount that Sadoun has and mount yours to the deck? Duct tape wouldn't hold it though lol...Blind

I picked up 135º, 137º, and 139º tonight.

43ºw alludes me still, and 40.5º looks like it's circular Cband (?)

I've just about filled my Cband arc! :clap:clap:clap

I got a big smile on my face when I picked up those last three sats with only half a dish!

I picked up 135º, 137º, and 139º tonight.

43ºw alludes me still, and 40.5º looks like it's circular Cband (?)

I've just about filled my Cband arc! :clap:clap:clap

I got a big smile on my face when I picked up those last three sats with only half a dish!

yup, nss is circle c band. . .my BUD is always parked there.

Speaking of NSS 806 40.5... Are you having more difficulty getting that satellite when its hot out over 80 degrees out. It seems like for a long time now I was able to get the stations fine just recently (march or so) when the warm weather start all of sudden the signal will be marginal or disappear then when it cools at night it comes back. Strange because I not had this problem in like 4-5 years. It be nice to know if there is a Center of Box for this satellite too.
Any ideas. I was tempted to put ice cubes in sandwich bags to wrap the LNB around to see if that makes a difference or is it just there alot more interference in signal quality when the atmosphere is heated up during the summer? Again though I didn't have this issue last 4 seasons.

Speaking of NSS 806 40.5... Are you having more difficulty getting that satellite when its hot out over 80 degrees out. It seems like for a long time now I was able to get the stations fine just recently (march or so) when the warm weather start all of sudden the signal will be marginal or disappear then when it cools at night it comes back. Strange because I not had this problem in like 4-5 years. It be nice to know if there is a Center of Box for this satellite too.
Any ideas. I was tempted to put ice cubes in sandwich bags to wrap the LNB around to see if that makes a difference or is it just there alot more interference in signal quality when the atmosphere is heated up during the summer? Again though I didn't have this issue last 4 seasons.

so far im not gettin any problems. . .i will take a look at it tomorrow if the day is really hot and let you know.

I did eventually pick up 43ºw but never got 40.5ºw.
Maybe it was because I was using a separate LNB (with the plate) about 8º to the side of my main LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)