46/60 cm dish and digital circular polarity...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
PA
I was wondering if i can get anything the following equipment

its my old Dish network equipment:
LNBF = Eagle DTV32+, Digital circular polarity, Dual output LNBF, input 12.2-12.7 GHZ, output 950-1450, Pro Brand International
Dish no name 46/60 CM dish
I will try to use my current receiver which I am using with galaxy 25 that works perfectly. Is it possible to get Galaxy 18 with above equipments??

my setting

Latitude: 40.3159°
Longitude: -76.0126°
Name: 123.0W Galaxy 12, 18
Distance: 39228km
Elevation: 23.4°
Azimuth (true): 238.9°
Azimuth (magn.): 250.7°
LNB Skew [?]: 40.7°

So what can i use that for FTA nothing??

okay if i try linear maybe this dish will workout??

If you're just dying to use it, you might outfit it with a linear LNB and aim it at a bird which has pretty much just one strong signal on it.
That would be Whitesprings @ 129w.
Though, I'm not sure if you'd like their old-movie format.
Not much else on that satellite, so not worth wasting a bigger dish.

I got it fine last year on a little DirecTV Phase III dish.
It's about equally small.
We have pictures of both Dish Network and DirecTV dishes converted to linear LNBs, if you need encouragement.

Or, as suggested, leave the circular LNB on the dish, aim for 119w, and you've got NASA TV.

There's a thread around here somewhere by Iceberg, which lists what is receivable on the little dishes.
edit: oops, that list is circular Dish Network stuff, only... I'll look for the linear list . . .
The list is pretty short, and mostly for bragging rights.
For instance, just because you can get one signal off a bird that might have 10..50..100 signals with a proper dish, is hardly a reason to bother.

It's your decision. ;)

Anole thx for all that information. I might just wait few more weeks and get bigger Dish and LNBF. I feel proud of myself that i installed and setup Galaxy 25 :) . Anyhow, how can I setup the one receiver currently i am using Omegsat DSB5700 which i cant find any information online for it. Heck i don't even know who made this receiver since Omegsat (I google it). I got this receiver from a friend of mine. What or how i can go about this kinda of setting??

DSB 5700
NEW MODEL TO REPLACE THE SAMSUNG DSB-4700, Powersat ps5
ENHANCED ST20 32-BIT VL-RISC CPU ( 200 MHz )
BLIND SCANNING AND FAST MULTI-SATELLITE SEARCH
AUTO TP UPDATE
OPTIMIZED FOR FLAT PANEL DISPLAYS

OOps i meant to say how can i setup 1 receiver and 2 Sat Dishs

I don't know how the menu structure on that receiver is, but you'll want to use a DiSEqC switch for multiple LNBs into one receiver. The switch basically looks like a splitter, has four inputs and one output. In the receiver, you'll want to set each satellite according to the LNB that is picking it up. For example, if you have a circular LNB on an old Dish Network dish aimed at 119 for NASA, you would set 119 up as follows:

-LNB type SINGLE/STANDARD (not universal)
-LNB L.O. 11250 (circular LNBs use a Local Oscillator frequency of 11250)
-DiSEqC port 2 (assuming you connect the LNB aimed at 119w to port 2 of your DiSEqC switch)
-22k off

For a linear LNB with the dish aimed at Galaxy 25, use:

-LNB Type SINGLE/STANDARD (or universal if you have a linear universal Ku LNB)
-LNB L.O. 10750 (for a single/standard Ku LNB) or 9750/10600 (for a universal Ku LNB)
-DiSEqC port 1 (assuming you have your linear LNB and dish hooked to port 1 of your switch)
-22k off

You can add up to four LNBs on a 4 x 1 DiSEqC switch, just remember which LNB you have connected to which port, as above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts