4700 upgraded to 4900

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
I have a 4700 that some five years ago was upgraded by software to a 4900. Was wondering how many hours the EPG stores in the receiver? It doesnt' seem to hold many hours. Also why does it take so long to download and display video in the partial guide with video?

Ron

ronfelder said:
I have a 4700 that some five years ago was upgraded by software to a 4900. Was wondering how many hours the EPG stores in the receiver? It doesnt' seem to hold many hours. Also why does it take so long to download and display video in the partial guide with video?

Ron

The only feature the 4900 has the 4700 doesn't is access to the OPENTV applets.

John

ronfelder said:

Ron

It's what Bob and others said. Dish changed how they downloaded guides several years ago and that made the pict in guide feature useless on the 4900. It also made searching more than an hour in advance a painful experience. The situation will never improve, and if it bothers you the only solution is a new receiver. I would suggest a PVR and never look back.

We have a 508 PVR and a 4900. The 4900 is on a kids TV, because they never care beyond what is on right now. We have also disabled the picture in guide feature because it is pretty much useless these days. You can turn it off in the menus.

jayn_j said:
It's what Bob and others said. Dish changed how they downloaded guides several years ago and that made the pict in guide feature useless on the 4900. It also made searching more than an hour in advance a painful experience. The situation will never improve, and if it bothers you the only solution is a new receiver. I would suggest a PVR and never look back.

We have a 508 PVR and a 4900. The 4900 is on a kids TV, because they never care beyond what is on right now. We have also disabled the picture in guide feature because it is pretty much useless these days. You can turn it off in the menus.

My main receiver is a 522. I'm giving my ex and daughter my 510. The 4900 isn't watched that often so I don't care if the guide doesn't go that far ahead. One feature I like that the basic non dvr's don't have and that is a uhf remote.

Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)